• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RTIC vs YETI tumbler

jawja clay

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
24   0
Reaction score
i know there are yeti haters and this post isn't trying to change their opinion. I was able to purchase yeti products at a discount but daughter graduated from college and I lost that perk. It's a fair trade believe me.
Anyway I just purchased 2 RTIC products and wanted to see if they were of the same quality as yeti.
I place 10 ice cubes in each container and left them side by side. First on the table on back deck temperature was 98 degrees for 3 hours.
Pic 1 is the water I drained from each container. Out side of each container was so hot I had to handle with hot pad.
Pic 2 is 16 hours later, I brought both containers in the house.

My opinion is they are of equal quality and the RTIC is half price. I read where RTIC is having supply issues with their coolers. That said I'm ordering a 65 qt and waiting my turn.

I'm not looking for hate mail or rude comments. I was bored and did this experiment.
Yes RTIC come with stickers just like YETI. image.jpegimage.jpeg

I got a 64 oz yeti tumbler for my bday couple weeks back. It's been great at keeping stuff cold but I wouldn't have spent that much if it was coming out of my pocket. Thing was sitting in the cab of my truck on the passenger side floor, I opened the door and it rolled out into the gravel and took a nasty dent. I ain't as impressed with the durability as its ice keeping ability. I've also noticed it will sweat up by the cap.

Reactions: JWC
Several Coworkers performed similar tests between tumblers at work. From my personal inspection they appeared to be identical in quality and craftsmanship almost as if they were from the same distributor; only difference from my observation was the pressed logos. Although they produce quality intuitive products; but I always felt YETTI were ove-hyped but not necessarily overrated and should be at the price point of RTIC...which is essentially half the amount.

Only picture I took. I should have used the flash. Both melted at the same rate. I'm impressed with RTIC. If you drop them they will dent.

You know, I've scoured the Internet looking for a coozie device that would fit my rambler. More as protection for rough job sites than as added ability to keep it cool, if I'm going to have and use it I'd like to prevent it from looking like a crushed can on the side of the road. Couldn't find one.....

You know, I've scoured the Internet looking for a coozie device that would fit my rambler. More as protection for rough job sites than as added ability to keep it cool, if I'm going to have and use it I'd like to prevent it from looking like a crushed can on the side of the road. Couldn't find one.....
Sounds like a new business!
rambler sleeve?

Back
Top Bottom