• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger AC556

Kalashnikov

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
112   0
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a Ruger AC556? My brother is considering buying one from a friend and he has asked me what I thought. The details that I know is it is a factory folding stock with a 3 position selector(semi, burst and full) and a 12 inch barrel it is blued. My only experience is with a Mini 14 so I submit to any experts on this weapon. He can buy it for 5K which seems like a good price from what I can find on the web

pretty good price these days. Seen them going for over 6k right about now. If he wants to blow ammo, I say go for it. They wont be making anymore of them and their only going to get more expensive

Exactly. 5k is a good price and I will only go up in value.

One day soon, everyone will be talking about " back in the day when mp5s were ONLY 25k...."

If you can get a nice condition 13" folder for 7.5k and under, get it. Lowest price I can find for blue 13" folder is $8300. A stainless version typically sells for a hair over 1k more then the blued. It is not a military proven gun, but I will eventually own one either way.

I thought that was the case. His friend told him he bought it for 500$ back in the 80's which confirms what y'all have said about increasing value. I asked if that included the stamp and he thought it did.

I wanted one of these SO BAD after seeing "Romancing The Stone"...my bank account, not so much...

If your brother can afford it he should get it.

I wanted on since I saw them in the A-team back in the day. I am relatively sure he has already committed to buying it and by asking me if it is worth it he is actually grinding salt into a open wound because he knows I could never afford to buy something like it. Brotherly love you know!

I wanted one of these SO BAD after seeing "Romancing The Stone"...my bank account, not so much...

If your brother can afford it he should get it.

The one i shot only liked factory mags, no aftermarket ones would function properly. It did eat any ammo you shoved in it though.

Back
Top Bottom