• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger FSAR

3 rounds at 400 with mine and a head shot

They do great . Don’t let the goobers on snipershide turn you away from an SFAR. I’m blasting hogs with mine

Attachments

• IMG_6240.jpeg
    IMG_6240.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 17
3 outta thousands ain’t exactly a sample size.

Personally, I haven’t seen any issues. We’ve sold a dozen, none have come back, and no one has complained. I don’t know any of the buyers personally, so I don’t know how well they shoot, what they know, or if they’ve even fired them.

I’ve got a little bit of time on one, and that one shot fine. Accuracy was good for the cost of the gun, and I saw no reliability issues. Ammo was a handload geared toward accuracy.

I’ve been around a few more on the range, and most of them seemed to run just fine. I wasn’t paying attention to how accurate they were.

One SFAR that I observed on the range had constant issues. I didn’t know the guys, so I stayed away from their problems, just in case they were contagious. Seemed to have a combo of feeding/firing/extraction/ejection issues. For all I know they could have had crap ammo, bad mags, improperly adjusted gas block, lack of lubrication/poor maintenance, etc.

I haven’t heard enough bad reviews from folks that I actually trust to tell folks not to buy one. If it has the features you want, and it’s in your budget (they’re cheap for a name brand AR10), the SFAR is a reasonable option.

It’s a no-go for me, because it doesn’t fit the role that I typically use an AR10 for.

A dozen and a few more isn’t much more than 3. If you don’t like them I think your last sentence is all you have to say.

They fit my role for an ar 10 and I wanted to share my experience with mine.

They are quite popular. I got two left here, a lot of people picked them up for hunting. No issues reported to me, but I had watched Hop's youtube video on them where he discussed their issues. Not my cup of tea but I get the role they fit.

A dozen and a few more isn’t much more than 3. If you don’t like them I think your last sentence is all you have to say.

They fit my role for an ar 10 and I wanted to share my experience with mine.

Apparently you did not get the gist of my post, and focused on what you wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom