Ruger GP100 .44 Special, $589 shipped

Snort. I saw that too. I lol’ed when I checked gunbroker to find it can be had new (not with “100 rounds” through it) for $600.

If it were my money I would go for the Alaskan 454. It’s my gp100 that references are being made to that has the “100 rounds fired through it.” There are many problems reported with these guns not shooting well because of oversized cylinder throats and not grouping well. Mine was one of them. After testing mine and measuring the throats, mine went back to the factory. They replaced the cylinder, pawl, and barrel. And did an excellent job smoothing out the finish. Now it looks and shoots better than when it originally came from the factory. You won’t find a new in box gun that is this nice. The price is dropping on these guns and I will be adjusting mine. Buyers need to be aware that they may need to go through this same process to get theirs right.

If it were my money I would go for the Alaskan 454. It’s my gp100 that references are being made to that has the “100 rounds fired through it.” There are many problems reported with these guns not shooting well because of oversized cylinder throats and not grouping well. Mine was one of them. After testing mine and measuring the throats, mine went back to the factory. They replaced the cylinder, pawl, and barrel. And did an excellent job smoothing out the finish. Now it looks and shoots better than when it originally came from the factory. You won’t find a new in box gun that is this nice. The price is dropping on these guns and I will be adjusting mine. Buyers need to be aware that they may need to go through this same process to get theirs right.

Thanks for the candid update and clarification.

Back
Top Bottom