• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger mark IV 22/45 lite

Apollo

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
Anyone recently buy a Mark IV? Ruger has a recall of all Mark IV pistols because of a safety selector issue. I couldn't replicate the problem but wondering if any of you have?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anyone recently buy a Mark IV? Ruger has a recall of all Mark IV pistols because of a safety selector issue. I couldn't replicate the problem but wondering if any of you have?

I put around 200rds suppressed through mine on Memorial day. I didn't experience any problems except for the threaded barrel extension getting stuck on my can and unscrewing from the gun.

I put around 200rds suppressed through mine on Memorial day. I didn't experience any problems except for the threaded barrel extension getting stuck on my can and unscrewing from the gun.

So your barrel nut came off your lite? That isn't good, they are glued and torqued to spec. Pretty sure that is why they include the wave washer.

So your barrel nut came off your lite? That isn't good, they are glued and torqued to spec. Pretty sure that is why they include the wave washer.

No biggie. I'll reinstall the barrel nut, torque to spec w/a little Rocksett. The wave washer is not recommended to use when shooting suppressed.

Or I'll just have them do it when I send it back for the safety recall.

I'm hoping mine never comes loose, didn't know it was as common of an issue. Yeah it's easy to re-tighten it, but the anodizing scratches easy, and I'd end up buggering it up!

I did put the safety selector halfway and dry fired but it took 12-13lbs to make it click so yes mine did. I am still waiting on the prepaid shipping box to send it back for upgrades and free mag.

I did put the safety selector halfway and dry fired but it took 12-13lbs to make it click so yes mine did. I am still waiting on the prepaid shipping box to send it back for upgrades and free mag.

Dang... Upgrades and free mag? Red Dawn Red Dawn , would you mind sending me the direct link and or contact number so I can get my claim going?

Back
Top Bottom