Ruger Rehab!.....New Progress pics.... DONE!!!

Ok, So the blue came out pretty good. Its clear that the barrel and cylinder are harder metal than the frame cause they are not as dark. I think the barrel could have used another 20 mins or so in the salts, no next timw I run a batch I will dip the Ruger one more time. Its not bad, but is strong sun light, you can see the barrel needs some more.

The last part of the project before bluing was fixing the front sight. The original owner filed a notch in the front sight to fill with white paint. Only problem was it was filed off center and was driving me nuts! Also, I needed an excuse to break out the TIG welder.

I forgot to get a pic of the front sight, but here is a close up from another picture

six23.jpg

Here it is with a big 'ol weld blob

six14.jpg

Then a little clean uo with the file, serrate the face and blue....six18.jpg

And here is the whole gun.....

six16.jpg

six17.jpg

six19.jpg

six20.jpg

Here it is next to the Fusion 1911 I just finished on the same day...

six21.jpg

Thanks for following along with this build. Its a great little .22 and Ill enjoy shooting it...for a while, then on to something else.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sir I have a question for you.

I have somehow managed to take a double action revolver and turned it into a single action revolver. All I did was take it apart and put it back together.

I was intending to install weaker springs to lighten the trigger just a tad. Bought a kit and know that you can make it unreliable if the hammer spring is to light. The kit comes with a couple hammer springs and you are instructed to try whichever you like but that the lightest one may not function in your firearm unless you really know how to tune it.

Anyway the spring deal is no matter I tried every combination including the original spring. I have two of these revolver and a bigger one and I did this tune up to every one of them. Two of them functionjust fine with much better triggers. But somehow something I did but can not see has turned a Ruger SP101 into a single action revolver.

I can send it off to Ruger, they will fix it and return it and may not charge me a penny BUT I rather not send it off if I aint absolutely got to do so. You interested in looking at it to see if you can figure it out and show me what the issue is?

I may have another project for you as well. I KNOW you can handle it, I know I can but I aint got the experience and may mess it up. I aint so sure about my BIL but I am willing to let him try but honestly I prefer to let you take a shot if you are interesteded. It is somewhat simple, envolves cutting down a barrel threading it and installing a breech plug then drilling the touch hole and installing a liner in the correct location. I want to convert a caplock pistol into a flintlock. I aint got the tools.

Sorry I cant do that work for you, but we will get together and see if we cant figure out the SP-101 between the two of us in person.
-Mark

Back
Top Bottom