• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger sickness

I'm sure I have posted her before, I have about 15 hours of hand polishing work in this girl. Also removed the lawyer label on the bottom side.

First image being the before. Now I'm looking for some nice stag grips for her and a Damascus trigger and hammer. Oh and yes she gets shot and is my daily carry during cooler months like now.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 21
I'm sure I have posted her before, I have about 15 hours of hand polishing work in this girl. Also removed the lawyer label on the bottom side.

First image being the before. Now I'm looking for some nice stag grips for her and a Damascus trigger and hammer. Oh and yes she gets shot and is my daily carry during cooler months like now.
View attachment 1390905 View attachment 1390906 View attachment 1390907 View attachment 1390909 View attachment 1390910
What Polishing Compound are you using?

What Polishing Compound are you using?

So many. In order to take it from rough bead blast finish that comes on the ruger’s to that shine was a lot of time working from 600 grit sand paper up to 3000 grit wet paper, then a rough red compound then most finish work was done with meguiars mag polish then finished off with stainless polish.

It took way more work than I thought it would when I started. I have polished a good many stainless steel firearms but that bead blast takes a long time to get through.

Back
Top Bottom