• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger sickness

I like to see this thread. I know a few years ago it seemed like Ruger was not one of the better tier of manufacturer. I have two M77 rifles (both 308's, one very early serial number and one international stock), and it seemed like everyone was in love with the Remington 700 series platform. They weren't known for their accuracy (still aren't AFAIk), but were just solid/basic rifles that didn't seem to get much love. Over the past few years, Ruger has really strived to improve their rifles and up their game (RPR, American, etc), and the reputation has followed. the MK series 22 pistols and the 10/22 were always hits, and there are many Ruger rifles that are still very uncommon. My dad had a thing for Ruger so I have inherited a few that are a bit of an odd ball style/calibers or were very early examples. I like my Rugers. There are always issues (like trying to find a scope mount for a Ruger #3) but I have always been a Ruger fan. One of these days I'll get some photos and post them to add to this thread. My plan for 2018 is to get out and do some more shooting.

Pawn shop snag, first year of production 17 HMR - 2002. Appears to be unfired or used very very little. No rings unfortunately and looks as though it is never had rings on it.

IMG_20180115_153211.jpg
IMG_20180115_153236.jpg
IMG_20180115_153301.jpg

Ruger website is also showing a officer size 1911 9mm. I do love my Rugers and may pick-up a Ruger precison 22. But I want to see the Tikka 22 bolt action that is coming out

Me too Edog, I have 10. 22 rifles and pistols. I think I am going to try a 17 wsm. I was going to do a 17hmr but the ballistics are better with the 17wsm and the ammo is only three bucks more for a box of 50

Back
Top Bottom