Ruger sickness

IMG_20230319_183828977.jpg
IMG_20230319_183849554~2.jpg

I scored and found me a 5 digit serial number Ruger standard 4" from 1951. Not pristine but clean and a cool early production shooter. It was one of those days I wasn't planning on buying another gun, but I found this for a deal and couldn't pass it up.

Raise your hand if you also bought multiple Burris FF2 scopes on clearance last year for future Ruger purchases. 🤷‍♂️ - guilty.
I own a LOT of Burris scopes and I love them. The glass is perfect for my eyes. I didn't buy any on clearance, but I did buy a bunch of Nikon 2-7's right after they stopped making scopes. I think they are the perfect Charger platform scope for various shooting scenarios.

Finally put together my Hog gun last weekend. I bought this FDE SS Gunsite in 450 Bushmaster back in 2019. Bought it specifically to build a suppressed hog/deer gun for adverse conditions. I bought a SilencerCo Hybrid46 Suppressor in FDE to match it. Got approved on the suppressor back in 2020, but just left it in the box as well as the Ruger for two years due to other projects/guns/cars going on. Went on a hog hunt with it in Jan and it was fantastic. The month prior, I quickly ordered a burris fixed zoom scout scope, Warn low-mount rings and leather sling but did not have enough time to get in the 11/16-24 direct thread piece from SilencerCo. Did not want the QD brake setup as I bought the suppressor to only be on this gun. Plus I need the rifle as compact as possible to fit in the 2-gun expedition case I got, so I removed the factory brake, and added a thread protector. Sighted in the gun and it is exceptionally accurate.

Once the direct thread piece came in, I FINALLY got to try out the suppressor last weekend. It is silly quiet on the 395 grain subsonics. Quiet, yet incredibly powerful. At my private range, it ripped the chicken-wired 30lb gong straight off the post. The first time that has ever happened in 8 years since I made the range. Supersonic is still very quiet. When I was on the hog hunt unsuppressed, I had to make 2 shots abruptly and my ears rang for the rest of the day. Wish I would of had the suppressor installed by then. In retrospec, I should of put everything together a looooong ago. I am super impressed by it. Out of my 100+ guns, this one is in the top 5 and its one of the cheapest rifles I own. I could not be happier with it. For hog/deer/bear hunting in GA up to a range of 300yards, it's perfect in my opinion. In the mountains, I've never had a shot over 100yards so I went with a fixed 3X which is good for 0-200yards. Beyond that, up to 300yards I would go with an adjustable ~6X.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Finally put together my Hog gun last weekend. I bought this FDE SS Gunsite in 450 Bushmaster back in 2019. Bought it specifically to build a suppressed hog/deer gun for adverse conditions. I bought a SilencerCo Hybrid46 Suppressor in FDE to match it. Got approved on the suppressor back in 2020, but just left it in the box as well as the Ruger for two years due to other projects/guns/cars going on. Went on a hog hunt with it in Jan and it was fantastic. The month prior, I quickly ordered a burris fixed zoom scout scope, Warn low-mount rings and leather sling but did not have enough time to get in the 11/16-24 direct thread piece from SilencerCo. Did not want the QD brake setup as I bought the suppressor to only be on this gun. Plus I need the rifle as compact as possible to fit in the 2-gun expedition case I got, so I removed the factory brake, and added a thread protector. Sighted in the gun and it is exceptionally accurate.

Once the direct thread piece came in, I FINALLY got to try out the suppressor last weekend. It is silly quiet on the 395 grain subsonics. Quiet, yet incredibly powerful. At my private range, it ripped the chicken-wired 30lb gong straight off the post. The first time that has ever happened in 8 years since I made the range. Supersonic is still very quiet. When I was on the hog hunt unsuppressed, I had to make 2 shots abruptly and my ears rang for the rest of the day. Wish I would of had the suppressor installed by then. In retrospec, I should of put everything together a looooong ago. I am super impressed by it. Out of my 100+ guns, this one is in the top 5 and its one of the cheapest rifles I own. I could not be happier with it. For hog/deer/bear hunting in GA up to a range of 300yards, it's perfect in my opinion. In the mountains, I've never had a shot over 100yards so I went with a fixed 3X which is good for 0-200yards. Beyond that, up to 300yards I would go with an adjustable ~6X.

View attachment 5521390

View attachment 5521391

View attachment 5521392

View attachment 5521395

View attachment 5521396

View attachment 5521408

View attachment 5521418

View attachment 5521419

View attachment 5521420

View attachment 5521421
You’re one sick son of a female dog.

Stepped a bit outside my "normal" today at the gun show. Picked up this incredible satin stainless wood stocked Mini-30 in 7.62 x 39 with box and papers and original bill of sale dated 12-30-2001. It includes the rings, sight lock allen wrench and the highly coveted Ruger factory "Shot Lock" in rare yellow color!

This is going to be fun!
IMG_20230402_142626479~2.jpg
IMG_20230402_142652046~2.jpg
IMG_20230402_143953380.jpg

Back
Top Bottom