• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Russia stops shipping ammo to US!

I'm not sure what to think about this one honestly. I think a lot of the LGS are buying into the rumor as well. I had a buddy tell me today that he had guys from several local LGS tell him that they weren't able to get anymore and that the rumor was true. It seems to be about 50-50 those who say it is true vs. those that say it's a hoax. Yet, you look online and it's plentiful at regular prices which leads me to believe hoax.

It's a hoax. Most of the ammo is manufactured outside of Russia. I ordered a case because I needed 7.62x39 since I literally just got my UF. I wasn't really buying into this crap, but at the same time it made sense to go ahead and snag it while it was available for cheap just in case everyone went full retard.

I've not seen a shortage yet and the prices still seem to be the same. Just look at ammoseek, the prices are still where they were a week ago (maybe a whopping .01 increase).

How hard is it to build an AK compared to building an AR?

Way different. Ar is easy in comparison. Building an AK from a parts kit requires some know-how, a hydraulic press, a jig to bend recievers (if you don't buy prebent ones), rivet dies, and you have to know how to headspace.

If you know how to do those things, then it is easier than an AR probably. I mean AK internals are ridiculously simple, it's fitting the trunnion and barrel (and all of that) that is a *****.

Last edited:
use go no go headspace gauges for ak's?

Way different. Ar is easy in comparison. Building an AK from a parts kit requires some know-how, a hydraulic press, a jig to bend recievers (if you don't buy prebent ones), rivet dies, and you have to know how to headspace.

If you know how to do those things, then it is easier than an AR probably. I mean AK internals are ridiculously simple, it's fitting the trunnion and barrel (and all of that) that is a *****.

Back
Top Bottom