• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Russian SKS Gold Bayonet

bxtreme24

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
I have come to think of myself of a bit of an SKS expert. I dont know why but the model has always appealed to me with its rich history and many varients and stamping to collest and decode. Probably because there cheap to collect and Im not rich.
Anyways... I have a rare bird that I have been searching for info on for several years with no results and figured it was time to toss it out to the collective knowlage of the internet again.
Its a NON-Re-Arsenal numbers matching Russian SKS. Its a Tula 1951r build. Hard to find but not super rare. However it has a gold plated bayonet. The bayonet has PE numbers matching on the shank so I know its original to the rifle. I can not find any info on this characteristic being used as a perade gun or any other use. It is NOT cosmoline stained. I worked for AP&W for several years so I know what to look for. This is an old plating technique that is consistent with the manufacturing date of the rifle.
Any info would be much appricated.
gb2.jpg
gb4.jpg
gb5.jpg
gb6.jpg

Last edited:
pimpin aint easy! Got some rims to go with your bayonet? Jk, that is a neat find. Good luck on finding out some info on that, would love to hear the story behind it.

Also, in the pics there are some "black" areas on the tip and near the base. That is shadow in the pics. The gold luster is consistent all over with no tarnish.
Another detail is where the "blade" meets the base (one piece) the plating stopps and the base (shank) is the standard silver finish.

Last edited:
It's not "gold" as stated above it's what remains of some rust inhibiting agent applied by the Soviets. Just leave it on as it is original.

In the photo below you can see the bottom two rifles also have the "gold" bayonet syndrome.

i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_4037e392c5939b3e002fc41ca15aa5d9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom