• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

S&W .32

Bobbyluv

Default rank <5 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have an old S&W .32 long colt and I was wondering if there were other cartridges that would fit it. I've been searching everywhere for .32 long colt ammo but I can't find anything. Could use some help please.
16704260381372752248964990135918.jpg

So I no longer believe it's a long colt but I'm still not sure what cartridge it should actually take, I have .32 long in it right now and haven't had any problems at all.
16704265106067537328467636632374.jpg

Could it be chambered for the .32-20 cartridge?
That was pretty popular in revolvers of the 1900-1930's era,
although it was also available for lever action rifles.

QUOTE:
"Not to be outdone, Smith & Wesson chambered its .32-20 WCF Hand Ejector First Model in the Winchester cartridge."

QUOTE:
"Not to be outdone, Smith & Wesson chambered its .32-20 WCF Hand Ejector First Model in the Winchester cartridge."
Thank you for the link that actually helped more than anything I've found so far

32/20 or .32 WCF interchangeably. This cartridge was a popular varmint/rifle round and was adapted to revolvers. It does much better out of a longer barrel.

I knew a police officer/undercover who carried an really old ugly 32 with broken grips wrapped with tape. Being undercover he KNEW that no criminals would suspect him of being a cop, because no cop would ever carry such a f*cked up gun in a oddball 32 caliber. He also knew he could reliably double tap the 10 ring at 15 feet.

You got a S&W Military & Police revolver (k-frame/medium frame) chambered for 32 WCF(aka 32-20 Winchester/32 Winchester center-fire). Your gun was probably made between 1910s to probably 1920ish.

You got a S&W Military & Police revolver (k-frame/medium frame) chambered for 32 WCF(aka 32-20 Winchester/32 Winchester center-fire). Your gun was probably made between 1910s to probably 1920ish.
I had a feeling it was an old service firearm because everything I've been able to find points to it being an old service weapon but I wasn't too positive thank you.

I had a feeling it was an old service firearm because everything I've been able to find points to it being an old service weapon but I wasn't too positive thank you.
It could have been a service gun, but there would be no way to tell right off the bat. "Military & Police" is the model designation for your revolver which by 1957-58 would become known as the model 10. 1957-58 is when S&W started giving their revolvers model number designations. Before that, they were just given names like "Military and Police" or "Combat Magnum" which would be marked on the box which the gun would come in, but not on the gun itself.

Back
Top Bottom