• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

S&W 43C .22 anyone tried one yet?

WLhunter

Wolf Icon
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
Saw a video by Hickok45 on this and got to say I am interested. Has anyone got any range time with this little lightweight? 8 shot 22lr. Would be a great way to practice with a carry size revolver without recoil and a good backpack or get off me gun I think.

Gotta love Hickock 45. But for that kinda $ Id go with a model 34 S&W in 2". Adjustable sights, and will hold the resale value.

Thats an apples/oranges comparison. The 43c is a DAO, Centennial AirWeight. The MSRP isn’t the retail price and they tend to hold their value, if you can find a used one for sale.

They should make a 3" barreled version.
If you carry a gun like this in any sort of holster clips to your belt or threaded through your belt you should have a 3 inch barrel.
The 1.78" barrel snubbies should be reserved for pocket carry.

I was aware of what it was before I saw the Hickock 45 vid yesterday. To each his own,Sir.

I never assumed you didn’t know what the gun was prior to watching the video. It’s still an apples/oranges comparison between the 34 and 43c.

You are free to spend your money as you wish. I’d certainly not try to change your mind.

...a good backpack or get off me gun I think.

I think I'd want my centerfire defensive handgun with me for protection in the woods. Not a .22 LR that is the same size and weight, even though it may hold three extra cartridges in its cylinder.

What I like about .22 revolvers, generally, is how fun they are to shoot, and how they are useful for training newbies in basic handgun use and marksmanship. But if the revolver in question is double action only, then it's not as much fun to shoot. Beginners will not be as satisfied with their accuracy as they would be if they could cock it into single action mode for slow precise shooting.

But, if you already own a 38 snub revolver that is DAO and has a hammerless design, I can see the value in having a 22 rimfire version of the same thing
1- for low recoil training new shooters who will later be cross-trained on that .38 cal gun,
and
2-- and for cheap training. Four cents per shot instead of 36 cents per shot.

Back
Top Bottom