• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W 500 load......

TBurnham

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
41   0
Reaction score
I have been playing with a few load for the 500 and have found one so far that works out GREAT. 44grains of H110 pushing a 300grain HP. This works great as it has enough "UMPH" but not so much that it makes your hand hurt.
I have a couple others that I am working on and will post them once I have tried and finalized them. One I am working on uses the same powder and amount but uses a 50 cal. muzzle loader bullet. Not the ones with the plastic wrapped on them. These are NOT .500 they are less once the plastic is removed. I shot them Saturday and shot a wooden 4x4 and ALMOST broke it in half. This gun is getting cooler and cooler each time I shoot it!! Cant wait for deer season!!

I found a load that has a 610gr cast bullet with 30gr of LilGun. That one sounds like it will rattle your teeth.

attachment.php

Last edited:
That is interesting.....the 44 grains of H110 is what Iwould consider a mild load. I had another fellow with me the other day that has not shot the 500 and he felt the same way....it was too much but it wasnt too little. BUT after we shot the 500 we shot the 44mag and it was like shooting a 22. All I can say is this thing is a BLAST to shoot......litereally!! RNC you should come on down and we will go shoot it. I just loaded up another 100 rounds for it last night. Now I have got to find more brass!!

Back
Top Bottom