S&W M&P 22 Compact

22plinkster has a new video - His Top Five 22lr pistols for self defense. The S&W M&P 22 Compact was on the list. I would say that is a pretty good endorsement. Its strong suits, according to 22plinkster, are accuracy and reliability.

So I took the plunge and got a new M&P 22 Compact with threaded barrel. The thread protector came barely finger tight from S&W. I guess they got tired of replacing those cheap wrenches. I am very satisfied with the pistol. I prefer its smaller grip over the Taurus TX22. It looks and feels like a quality pistol. I have limited rounds through it, but so far no issues.

So I took the plunge and got a new M&P 22 Compact with threaded barrel. The thread protector came barely finger tight from S&W. I guess they got tired of replacing those cheap wrenches. I am very satisfied with the pistol. I prefer its smaller grip over the Taurus TX22. It looks and feels like a quality pistol. I have limited rounds through it, but so far no issues.

Watch the windage adjustment screw on the rear sight. Mine backed out on its own and got lost. S&W replaced it but it took forever.

Back
Top Bottom