• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

S&W Pre-lock Jibberish

Fish Fry

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
“It’s Good To Be The King.” – Rabbi Tuckman
177   0
Reaction score
As jarring to my senses as "clip" for a pistol is "pre-lock" associated with S&W revolvers.

S&W began to manufacture internal locks in all of their revolvers in 2001 - those manufactured before then may legitimately be referred to as "pre-lock".

In the 2010 time frame and before in a few isolated runs, S&W begin to manufacture revolvers without internal locks but since the lock began in 2001, these are not true pre-locks.

The proper reference to post-internal lock manufactured revolvers without locks is more aptly "no internal lock"

Why this rant you may ask?

I refuse to purchase a S&W revolver with a hole in its side however I'm always on the lookout as many of us are, for nice earlier specimens.

The over use of pre-lock in postings causes me to open ads that I would normally pass over only to find current production J-frames.......

Useless and meaningless rant off..........

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

As jarring to my senses as "clip" for a pistol is "pre-lock" associated with S&W revolvers.

S&W began to manufacture internal locks in all of their revolvers in 2001 - those manufactured before then may legitimately be referred to as "pre-lock".

In the 2010 time frame and before in a few isolated runs, S&W begin to manufacture revolvers without internal locks but since the lock began in 2001, these are not true pre-locks.

The proper reference to post-internal lock manufactured revolvers without locks is more aptly "no internal lock"

Why this rant you may ask?

I refuse to purchase a S&W revolver with a hole in its side however I'm always on the lookout as many of us are, for nice earlier specimens.

The over use of pre-lock in postings causes me to open ads that I would normally pass over only to find current production J-frames.......

Useless and meaningless rant off..........

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
HUH?

You per-locked my brain up on the inside....and now there's a hole in my head..I wish I had a nice Example of a older head with no hole but then I'm not sure how I would eat

The-Big-Lebowski-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom