• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W Red Ramp Insert - Tips & Pics

A photo comparing the color of my Model 15 Combat Masterpiece with a Brownells insert that I did vs my Model 66 Combat Magnum when it still had the factory original insert.
i1296.photobucket.com_albums_ag15_GSailors_Model_2015_20150329_111029_zpsquytwmvz.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you sir, I appreciate it. The worst looking insert I have is the only factory one that's in my 29-2. And although I could make it look better by doing it myself, it just doesn't look bad enough to replace.

I inherited several Rugers (among others) that my dad had his smith to put them on. They just seem natural on the Blackhawks and SuperBH . I think that Ruger puts them on some RedHawks.

Edit: that model 29 looks just fine...I wouldn't fool with it. It gives it "character".

Last edited:
Reactions: GS
Is there enough room to work on a J-Frame. As you can see I painted the ramp red/orange but I would love to have an actual insert.
image.jpg

Gotcha, I'm gonna give it a go come later this week. Thanks for the how to. I will post how mine turns out. Just don't laugh.

Great job! I use the brownells kit also! Have used the casting resin and black paint to repair hard butt pads on rifles and shotguns that have chips or cracks!

Someone suggested destroying the teeth on one side of the triangular jewelers file. That way you can cut the dovetail corners really sharp, not rounding them out or cutting the dovetail too deep. A very good idea I must say.

Back
Top Bottom