• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SA35- what says the ODT?

Got a couple of these, back when they were TISAS branded -- Springer likes to play marketing with their offshoring -- XD is Croat [HS2000, Croatian] , but they created another impression - same with this Turkish BHP deal - I Had a bnib stainless TISAS BR9 Squib on me with S&B factory ammo - Digital Caliper read that BBL just a touch at the low end of spec. How I caught that, f*ck. Being slow when shooting semi pistols, reallly riding that reset has its advantages - at least there. My fault for dancing with Czech ammo. Had a Blued BR9 that ran fine, BBL cool ,traded it off here for a CZ P09. Just my 2 cents.

Saw one today at the cobb gun show. I was reaching for it when someone next to me snatched it up. Big time bummer. Price was $699. I asked the salesman if they had anymore and he said they only had the one and he was surprised is lasted nearly an hour. Would have loved to get it. missed it by half a second.

Springfield advertises the SA-35 as US made with forged parts.
6D2A49EF-244E-49F3-9E69-7B0EBEFE896E.jpeg

Not a Springfeild but an old alloy frame FN Hi Power with some custom touches.FM Detective top end mated to the alloy frame FN.The frame is from 1981 and was originally a Austrian police service pistol.Frame is hardchromed and slide is cerecoted. Custom work done by Bob Cogan Cogan Customs over in Ala.Loaded with 15 rounds it weighs 24 oz my daily carry.

Attachments

• IMG_2556.JPG
    IMG_2556.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2557.JPG
    IMG_2557.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 15
OK, anybody got one and shot it a bit?
What’s good, bad, and ugly.
I got one and put about 400rd through it. had some minor failure to feed issues when releasing the slide on a full mag. I examined the barrel and there was a burr impeding on the feed ramp. I knocked the burr down with a small file and hit it with some 600 grit>1000 grit>2000 grit sand paper on the spot where the burr was and its run flawless since. I havent put as many rounds to where most people see major failures.

Back
Top Bottom