• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sad sight

deller

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
114   0
Reaction score
I have a Canton address but I'm about 12 miles out. On the way into town town today I came across backed up traffic due to a deer being struck by a car. The deer was clearly in its death throes(a buck) and if the wife were not with me I would have stopped and put it out of its misery. Although I'm sure someone took care of it as about an hour later the deer and car parts were gone.
What are the laws on such a situation? Does the SO or Police need to be notified? If you put the animal out of its misery are you in the right and who has a right to the carcass?

. I'm not 100% sure I know some states have laws on this.
But everytime ive snatched them when i see them. But never come into a big scene with alot of people. Except for the time in Buford and the people were just taking pictures of the buck. I bet they got a few pictures of me loading it into the truck too. There's been many times right above canton on 575 I've seen them hit on the other side of the road and by the time I've turned around it's gone. You have to be quick cause we'll grab them in a heartbeat.
What you have to watch is how you kill it. Best bet is don't use a firearm. That is what will get you into some crap. I keep a hatchet in the truck. The flat hammer part one smack to the head and their out for the count. I could care less about the horns cause I didn't shoot it myself.
Ive got a cop friend he'll call me sometimes if he can and ill pick them up.
You got to remember this is country the cops grab them too.
Just don't smack one in the head on the side of 400 in morning rush hour traffic. They don't find that as funny as you do. Being in hospital scrubs didn't help either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom