• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Safe place to meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last minute change to venue, price, terms, goods are all legit reasons to cancel the deal. There's no firearm I want more than my safety and peace of mind. For the drive off with bill of sale, don't chase the guy (I assume anyone showing up to a deal is strapped. Why would you do something provocative in that situation?) just pull out your cell phone and snap a photo of the person/vehicle. Talk to the other party over the phone before you meet and set clear expectations (e.g. I will take it at the agreed price contingent on inspection - if the piece isn't as pictured/advertised, the deal is off or subject to renegotiation).

Ok so I drove down into downtown Atlanta Area, price was agreed on before I drove down along with place I was familiar with. On the way down seller changes place because of traffic he couldn't make it up to the area at the same time so I agreed to a place I didn't know which turned out to be a empty parking lot in a bad area. Seller was nice and showed me the gun which was actually loaded (NOT HAPPY) but then he asked me three different times how much money I brought because he didn't feel comfortable selling it for the price we agreed on but what I was trading was exactly what he said he was looking for. He keep looking around the parking lot during the meet I just got a bad feeling. Decided not to buy which made the seller very angry he followed me around to my door the only reason I think he backed off was my dog started barking and tried to come out the door at him and she has never tried to bite or attack at anyone. Just don't want to deal with that a situation like that again. I would use a gun shop and do a transfer but I don't want to pay and buyers usually doesn't either and I understand trying to keep big brother out also.

It would be more than a negative feedback I would like to let everybody know who he is but he isn't on here now(deleted profile I guess not sure if that possible) but he was a new user with no post or feedback. He found me on here that's why I no longer put my number on any of my ads. A 125lb Bull mastiff wanting a snack is more scary than a 200lb guy.
I just don't understand how this could have possibly not gone well....
Not trying to be a smart ass but you are fortunate that didn't go very badly.

You just can not be too careful. Even with the veterans of ODT you just never really know. Buying, Selling and trading cash and firearms is inherently dangerous. Always exercise caution. Pick your spots carefully. Take someone with you if you can.

Sounds like you just came very close to a bad situation. Glad it worked out ok for you.

a parking lot during the day of a normal business

home depot. fast food. mall. etc.

only with members with positive feedback and good communication

I've met people at 5am and 11:30 pm on here before. All sorts of places, restaurants, big box retailers, truck stops, the ghetto in atl(by accident), their house, my house. Lot of times if you speak to the person you can gather lots of info, let's you get an impression on what kind of person you're dealing with. Check their feedback. I sometimes check out their other listings also. Unfortunately I've had a few dealings with folks(mostly the noobs on here) who wanna haggle an already agreed upon price, really gay if you do that btw. Most deals though are easy breezy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom