SAIGA 12GA issues

laserbeam1k

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
172   0
Reaction score
So..
i wasnt sure if we started one of these yet??
Having some feeding issues with my stock saiga.
Was wondering if anyone has gotten theirs to run cheap birdshot without adding new springs, gas pucks and that other stuff...

I read about mixed reviews and wanted to hear more from people here.
Im thinking about re drilling the gas port hole, polishing all the parts and seeing if that helps any. or just buy the "upgrade parts"

I've had several Saigas in the shop with the problem of not being able to cycle low brass bird shot, almost always, the gas ports are undersized from the factory. Usually in the range of 0.010" to 0.023" undersized. No consistency at all, it makes me wonder who is in charge of drilling the gas ports at the factory...Maybe this guy
t2.ftcdn.net_jpg_00_26_43_51_400_F_26435154_Gu8dR1iN3grceUH5gNgeHIj11YkEQBBW.jpg

If you have not found it yet, everything you need to know:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/forum/2-saiga-12/

If it is an RAA gun there is/was at one time a warranty service for the ports issue

You might try backing out the gas plug a turn or two and see if that helps

It may need about 200 rds of high brass through it to break-in.

If it will not cycle after break in, it will likely get worse after converting; mine did.

the auto plug will not help with cycling issues from under-gassing, only helps prevent over-gassing.

Mine fed the bulk stuff fairly well stock. Then I did my conversion and it took some work to get it to feed right.
My ports were fine, it turned out to be an issue with the rim of the round getting wedged in the front trunnion and the profile of the hammer. A VERY little filling and she runs like a top now.

One thing to keep in mind if you start 'smithing this thing on your own. Other than the fire control group there is not many internal parts available separately so go easy.

Back
Top Bottom