• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saiga questions

Childers

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
Can Yall tell me anything about my saiga? I know it's converted. I would like to know when it was manufactured. Can I swap out my collapsible stock out for other ar stocks if I want to upgrade? What is this "empty hole" in the foregrip? Is there a way to change the tip of the barrel to add a flash suppressor? I like the look of them. If it makes. Difference, it is a 7.62x39. Thanks Yall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: pax
If you have the rear trunnion buffer tube adapter then you can swap out any AR stock you want but quit playing AR dress up with an AK. Get a NATO stock. If the tip is welded then a Smith can install a muzzle brake for about $50.
Just Google your serial number to get the manufacture date but don't know why you'd need that

It looks like you have an older style dust cover rail mount (could be Krebs or TWS) with a VLTOR buffer tube that keeps the rear tang so yes you can add a wood stock. Although you have a nice and expensive setup so I'd keep it over the cheap wood or NATO stock. It might look good, but it ain't practical.

Yes you can remove the front shroud via a pipe cutter or the entire FSB (harder job). There is a chance it can also already be threaded under the shroud, and there are ways to check (search it). The ideal way to do it is to replace the FSB and get the AK100 series, AK74 muzzle break, but like said it's harder.

Reactions: pax
Back
Top Bottom