• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

San Francisco Trip

gyppo

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
NRA Instructor
173   0
Reaction score
I just got back from 4 days working in SF. The homeless / mentally ill are everywhere but not as numerous in most places as I expected.
What is a apparent is that it only takes one mentally ill person per block to cause a problem. Every retail business has to keep a security guard at the door while they are open to move the homeless away from their door.
I walked about 8 blocks to and from work each day. The biggest issue was puke and crap on the sidewalks. I never saw anyone in the act but I constantly looked down to avoid stepping in puke or poop.
The most surprising thing about the visit is that virtually all the homeless I saw were severely mentally ill / very high on drugs.
I have seen homeless in cities all over the world and what is different in SF is the high percentage of people with mental illness / drug use.
The biggest Safety concern I had was walking past a mentally ill woman scratching dirt out of cracks in the sidewalk with a screwdriver, knowing she could stab you in a flash with that filthy screwdriver and it could kill you. I gave her a wide berth and other people were walking past her within a couple of feet.
It is illegal to smoke in public but the smell of weed is everywhere. When walking down the street, I never went more than a couple of minutes without smelling burning weed.
I saw very few people smoking cigarettes.
I hope Ga can hold off a few more years before it is legalized here.

poop-poop-again.gif

My wife is on vacation in California now. She asked me if I wanted to go. I simply told her I didn’t lose anything there so nope, have fun and be safe. No way I would go there.

My Uncle and Aunt haved lived there since 1969. He’s a retired Lt Commander in the Navy and served 29 years and retired in 1991. They have seen the decline of liberal policies destroy the very city they call home. Funny thing is my uncle is GOP and my aunt is liberal all the way. I don’t know how he hasn’t made her his 3rd wife lol

Before we moved to Georgia, my wife's work gave her the option with her promotion to move closer to their home office in San Francisco or Georgia. When she told me the options it became 1 option.

We lived in Hawaii for a bit. Let me tell you about a homeless problem. Just off Waikiki is tent city for miles. Easier to be homeless there. We have been to San Francisco as well. Can't even use the restrooms in the fast food joints because of the junkies doing their thing. San Francisco is the unwiped asshole of California.

I just got back from 4 days working in SF. The homeless / mentally ill are everywhere but not as numerous in most places as I expected.
What is a apparent is that it only takes one mentally ill person per block to cause a problem. Every retail business has to keep a security guard at the door while they are open to move the homeless away from their door.
I walked about 8 blocks to and from work each day. The biggest issue was puke and crap on the sidewalks. I never saw anyone in the act but I constantly looked down to avoid stepping in puke or poop.
The most surprising thing about the visit is that virtually all the homeless I saw were severely mentally ill / very high on drugs.
I have seen homeless in cities all over the world and what is different in SF is the high percentage of people with mental illness / drug use.
The biggest Safety concern I had was walking past a mentally ill woman scratching dirt out of cracks in the sidewalk with a screwdriver, knowing she could stab you in a flash with that filthy screwdriver and it could kill you. I gave her a wide berth and other people were walking past her within a couple of feet.
It is illegal to smoke in public but the smell of weed is everywhere. When walking down the street, I never went more than a couple of minutes without smelling burning weed.
I saw very few people smoking cigarettes.
I hope Ga can hold off a few more years before it is legalized here.
Are you up to date on your shots? 😳

Back
Top Bottom