Sandestin/Destin, FL charters?

bsmith104

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
47   0
Reaction score
Does anyone frequent the area for fishing charters or vacation in general? Would love to catch some big fish in mid august while me and some friends go down there. Any captains or service recommendations?

Contact Dead Fish Charters. Great set up!
http://deadfishcharters.com/

My first tarpon.
tarpon.jpg
There might be a few of these around Indian Pass in mid August.

We go there at least twice a year for fishing, but we usually pull our own boat. Just go to Harbor Docks and the charter boats are lined up. We went on charters for years there till we started bring our own boat.

Go rent you a pontoon boat. Idle to the Destin pass bridge, tie off on the bridge pylons and drop some live shrimp down next to the pylons and you will catch sheep head and black drum. When you quit getting bites move to the next pylon and keep repeating that till your tired of catching fish. Then idle over to crab island, throw out your anchor and join the party. TONS.... of eye candy!

Ha! I'm on Destin right now and want to go fishing. But...... Wife and 3 kids..... Guess we will head to the beach. I'll pull the wagon with the beach chairs and stuff.
I miss the Myrtle Beach days when my uncle and I took a boat out of Murrells inlet and shark fished. Fun times!

Been fishing down there for the past 40 years! The best by far is Captain Kelly Windes at Sunrise Charters. Located at Destin Harbor. I have chartered his boats for business and pleasure and if it's just me, I'll take a 'fill in' spot in a heart beat. He also has the best 2 party boats on the Gulf - Destin Princess and Destiny. He can be reached at (850)837-2320. If you're military, Destin Rec Center is a great place to stay and they have a good charter boat (Follow Me) as well (a lot cheaper).

Does anyone frequent the area for fishing charters or vacation in general? Would love to catch some big fish in mid august while me and some friends go down there. Any captains or service recommendations?

Been fishing down there for the past 40 years! The best by far is Captain Kelly Windes at Sunrise Charters. Located at Destin Harbor. I have chartered his boats for business and pleasure and if it's just me, I'll take a 'fill in' spot in a heart beat. He also has the best 2 party boats on the Gulf - Destin Princess and Destiny. He can be reached at (850)837-2320. If you're military, Destin Rec Center is a great place to stay and they have a good charter boat (Follow Me) as well (a lot cheaper).

This man is right. I fished there every other weekend for years in the 90's. The half hitch tackle tried to sell me In state license. In around 95 Kelly caught a world record warsaw on a 20 lb yellow grouper. He was the best by far at that time. He caught big fish and a fair number. hope your in shape.

Back
Top Bottom