• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Santa needs your prayers...

I’m a professional Santa and I made a conscious decision last year that Santa would still do traditional visits...with the children in the lap and no masks required.
I did it because I wanted the children to have some fragment of normalcy in the madness of the last couple of years...I also knew they were not at risk from Covid and not big spreaders of Covid.
I also am pretty sure I had Covid way back in December of 2019...

Last year went fine...saw hundreds of children...with very grateful parents that knew Santa was taking a risk and many of the mom’s tearfully thanked me. Some told me horror stories of Mall Santa visits where Santa and the children were required to be masked and children “visited” Santa from six feet away behind a plexiglass wall.

This year has gone fine as well...lots of children (some with runny noses)...and Santa has stayed healthy.

Now to my prayer request. Every year I do some charity work as Santa. It used to be at places like the local “old folks” home but Covid rules have shut that down.

Tomorrow I have agreed to stand-in (for free) for another Santa that last minute said he can‘t (won’t?) come this year to the traditional Santa visit day in a home for over 100 mentally handicapped adults. I agreed to do this a couple of weeks ago before the new variant spread was even a thing. Now, it’s very possible, likely even, that I will be exposed to the new variant just because these adults are not able to practice hygiene or other practices taken for granted by us.
I’m taking an “at home” test tonight to make sure I’m not going to pass anything to them. (I feel fine and have no symptoms).
I guess my prayer request is just that my immune system would be strong enough to fight off any exposure...I’m not living in fear of this virus but I really don’t want to be in quarantine for Christmas!!
So just pray for Jesus to keep Santa safe and healthy tomorrow! And for the folks to feel loved!
Thanks.

Praying for you!

I’m a professional Santa and I made a conscious decision last year that Santa would still do traditional visits...with the children in the lap and no masks required.
I did it because I wanted the children to have some fragment of normalcy in the madness of the last couple of years...I also knew they were not at risk from Covid and not big spreaders of Covid.
I also am pretty sure I had Covid way back in December of 2019...

Last year went fine...saw hundreds of children...with very grateful parents that knew Santa was taking a risk and many of the mom’s tearfully thanked me. Some told me horror stories of Mall Santa visits where Santa and the children were required to be masked and children “visited” Santa from six feet away behind a plexiglass wall.

This year has gone fine as well...lots of children (some with runny noses)...and Santa has stayed healthy.

Now to my prayer request. Every year I do some charity work as Santa. It used to be at places like the local “old folks” home but Covid rules have shut that down.

Tomorrow I have agreed to stand-in (for free) for another Santa that last minute said he can‘t (won’t?) come this year to the traditional Santa visit day in a home for over 100 mentally handicapped adults. I agreed to do this a couple of weeks ago before the new variant spread was even a thing. Now, it’s very possible, likely even, that I will be exposed to the new variant just because these adults are not able to practice hygiene or other practices taken for granted by us.
I’m taking an “at home” test tonight to make sure I’m not going to pass anything to them. (I feel fine and have no symptoms).
I guess my prayer request is just that my immune system would be strong enough to fight off any exposure...I’m not living in fear of this virus but I really don’t want to be in quarantine for Christmas!!
So just pray for Jesus to keep Santa safe and healthy tomorrow! And for the folks to feel loved!
Thanks.

good on you brother. Folks need smiles right now….prayers lifted for you man.

Back
Top Bottom