• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sat. 9-21: skeet shoot near Cumming

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
As soon as the weather gets a bit cooler, I'm going to want to take a shotgun or two out and break some clays at a skeet range.
And miss some clays at a skeet range and curse my gun, the maker of the shotshells, the wind, the sun, and that speck of dust on my safety glasses that caused my miss.
;)

Does anybody want to join-in and make a group event out of it? Shake some hands, match some faces to some of our screen names, etc?

I'm thinking of the Etowah Valley Sporting Clays range (shotguns only, not a general shooting range for other firearms) located off Hwy 9 about 10 miles north of Cumming and maybe 5 miles south of Dawsonville.

But, I'm open to other suggestions for a venue.
Heck, I'm even open to meeting up someplace where we only have a field and do our own slinging of the clays with a hand-thrower.

DAY and DATE: To be determined, but some Saturday in September is probable.

**** Edited: Date is Sat. Sept 21.****

As soon as the weather gets a bit cooler, I'm going to want to take a shotgun or two out and break some clays at a skeet range.
And miss some clays at a skeet range and curse my gun, the maker of the shotshells, the wind, the sun, and that speck of dust on my safety glasses that caused my miss.
;)

Does anybody want to join-in and make a group event out of it? Shake some hands, match some faces to some of our screen names, etc?

I'm thinking of the Etowah Valley Sporting Clays range (shotguns only, not a general shooting range for other firearms) located off Hwy 9 about 10 miles north of Cumming and maybe 5 miles south of Dawsonville.

But, I'm open to other suggestions for a venue.
Heck, I'm even open to meeting up someplace where we only have a field and do our own slinging of the clays with a hand-thrower.

DAY and DATE: To be determined, but some Saturday in September is probable.
I'm down.

I have a 20 gauge youth model or "Bantam" pump shotgun I'll let anybody else use. It has a shorter length of pull so it should be good for women, kids or teenagers.

And I'll bring some extra light reduced recoil 20 gauge shells for it. 950 f.p.s., not the usual 1200 or 1250 velocity.

If it's a Saturday morning, next week is too soon (short notice), and I have conflicts the 14th and 28th.

That leaves Sat. Sept 21 as the default choice.

are sporting clays the ones that comes from the sides of the ones that are flung outward? I have a saiga 12 with a drum and stick and/ or my (dead)grandfathers 1930’s model Winchester model 12 which I thing has an internal adjustable choke. But I am pretty sure I would suck as I have only done both one each.i will have to see if I have the time on the 21rst

Back
Top Bottom