• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Savage Edge?

BHJ

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
37   0
Reaction score
Is anyone shooting the Savage edge? I am an admitted Savageaholic but haven't tried one yet. I would love to hear opinions or a range report on this rifle.
BHJ

Last edited:
From what I've gathered the trigger is not adjustable and the old style Savage 3 screw triggers won't fit. Rifle basix is supposed to be working on one for it. The rifle basix trigger will probably retail for about $90.
ordered a 7-08 today

I like the one in camo.Think I want one in 243.Can't get any trade interest on the forum guess I will just buy one.

I picked one up.
Ok I gotta start by saying I have not fired this rifle yet but I did take it apart and inspect it. There are some things I like and some things I don't and some of the features I don't like may actually have hidden benefits I'm not aware of yet. I figure I could go over some of my findings since most gun shops aren't real thrilled about customers disassembling weapons they haven't paid for yet.

Things I like about it
The wrist(pistol grip portion) of the stock is thin and has a nice feel
The weight,at 61/2 lbs it is light and points fast and easily.
The recoil pad is very soft and should be effective
It has a floating bolthead ala model 110
It has a barrel nut

Things I either don't like or am unsure about
forearm is flimsy and can easily make barrel contact, one of the major complaints from the older synthetic 110s that led to the new accustock.
The recoil lug is weird, It is a plate attached to the stock (I'm guessing press fit into a groove?) and simply slides into a slot in the front of the action when you put the action in the stock.(my first thought was this thing is broke)
The trigger is not like on the 110 and is very very heavy to me.and the spring isn't something you're gonna find at your local hardware store.(its gonna be a booger to make or modify correctly (if you had the right spring pack, changing em would be a breeze)).there is of course no sear adjustment (Yet!) I saw somewhere that an aftermarket manufacturer was working on a trigger.
the trigger guard is of a strange design.(feels cheap and fits the stock funny)

After inspection I can see where they can sell em and make a profit at this price point

If it shoots like my other Savages I'm gonna be very happy if it dosent Ill sell it and buy a 110 cause I know they are good solid rifles.

Last edited:
What caliber did you get? How does it compare to the Vanguard?I got one in 223 for Christmas haven't sighted in in yet.

Just read a review in the July edition of Guns & Ammo. The writer bragged on it a little bit. Seems like pretty decent accuracy. Especially for the price. But, in my opinion, it's an UGLY gun. I just don't like the way the big ol action just looks like it's sittin on top of the stock. But again - it's just my opinion and it's worth exactly what you paid to hear it.

just saw in today's paper--they've got em on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods this week. Three Hundred Fourty something in camoflage. And that's WITH a scope!!

Back
Top Bottom