• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Savage FLCP-SR - $474.99 after rebate

From my research , unless you put it in a quality after market stock your grouping will be all over the place. For the record I am a Savage fan. I have the hog hunter and the Stealth in 6.5. too. However ,in a stock stock the tested groupings averaged from .883 MOA to 2.323. After being put in a MDT-LSS chassis the grouping tightened up considerably and were .494 MOA. The barreled action I think is great but I have the same issue with my Hog Hunter. The flex in the stock kills it. Still worth the deal. There has to be a way to bed this thing to get better results.

What kind of accuracy is expected from these?

From my research , unless you put it in a quality after market stock your grouping will be all over the place. For the record I am a Savage fan. I have the hog hunter and the Stealth in 6.5. too. However ,in a stock stock the tested groupings averaged from .883 MOA to 2.323. After being put in a MDT-LSS chassis the grouping tightened up considerably and were .494 MOA. The barreled action I think is great but I have the same issue with my Hog Hunter. The flex in the stock kills it. Still worth the deal. There has to be a way to bed this thing to get better results.

Is your hog hunter in the accustock

It says that the rifle comes with the Accustock, I have a Savage Scout with the Accustock and it is sub MOA with pretty much any ammo. I used to have a hog hunter in 308 that did not have the Accustock and it was a sub MOA gun as well, same for my Hog Hunter in 338 win mag! I guess one can get a lemon once in a while but in general Savage makes some good shooters!
Just make sure you are a lefty if you guys buying this one!

Back
Top Bottom