Saw the big ghost last evening.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Was dozing off in the stand and told myself to snap out of it and be alert.

Within seconds I saw movement about 40 yards away as a deer's head came into view from behind some brush then a side view.
I'm watching intently but the movement stopped.......I'm still watching the same figure and trying not to blink.
The motion stopped and it looked like it was frozen in the same spot but when I blinked I could no longer see the image I thought I was looking at so I scan the area with my eyes and then blink again then I see this massive figure standing broadside of an escape path about 20'yards further away.(the wind was in my face the whole time.)
It looked like a horse standing there and by the time I raised my crossbow to look at it through the scope it had vanished again.
This one is a sneaky one and is definitely bigger than the big bodied six point I've got back there......so I'm gonna have to get back there with my climber and try to ambush him this weekend.

Good luck with that, he didn't get to that point in his life by being lackadaisical. I hope you can pop him with that bad crossbow though, would definitely be a high point in your season!

Oh yeah.....until I have to drag him.....haha.

Gotta love when they turn and walk away from you while you're staring at them and you never see the movement then they the pop up further away like a ghost.......never heard a leaf crunch........stealth mode rocks.

That's the part of hunting that I love, it's kinda like a chess match in the woods. He is making his moves and you are making yours, good luck and keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom