• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saw World War Z ........

airx22

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
Saw it last night and all I can say is I won't be buying the DVD...I was marginal at best. My question is why did Brad Pitt feel the need to do this movie ???? He was the only actor I knew in the entire movie and there seems to be talk of a sequel. Maybe he helped produce it but still WHY ? Was the book that good ?

The book was GREAT!

I am not even a big zombie fan-but it was really well done.

Cool thing about the book is that it was a collection of "interviews" with zombie apocalypse survivors. The interviews read like short stories-and are great!

You should definitely check out the book. (Just try not to think about the movie. Movies are almost always a let down after a good book.) My favorite story involves a female pilot who winds up bailing out into zombie-central. She evades for days with only the aid of her radio, and someone who she is talking to on the other end. That story was cool as hell. The chinese nuclear sub captain runs a close second!

Excellent book!

(I haven't seen the movie yet, but I don't see how it has much in common with the book. Doesn't look like it from the previews.)

I knew his wife as well. She was the lead actress(not "female actor" dammit!) in "The Killing" which I thought was a mini-series but looks like it's continuing. Slow, dark crime mystery show set in a perpetually rainy Seattle. Don't bother...

I just assumed that he was a bigger hollywood draw....no idea what he was paid I'm guessing more than I expect. Maybe his pay was the lack of other well known actors and actresses ??????

Back
Top Bottom