• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SB308 complete

(8) A weapon possessed by a license holder which is under the possessor's control in a motor vehicle or which is in a locked compartment of a motor vehicle or one which is in a locked container in or a locked firearms rack which is on a motor vehicle which is being used by an adult over 21 years of age to bring to or pick up a student at a school building, school function, or school property or on a bus or other transportation furnished by the
school, or when such vehicle is used to transport someone to an activity being conducted on school property which has been authorized by a duly authorized official of the school; provided, however, that this exception shall not apply to a student attending such school;"
:confused: so all of these places are or are not legal?

:confused: so all of these places are or are not legal?

OK.....that!!!!!!!....is the Murky, Mucky, Stinky, GREY area that the legislature is trying to clean up from SB308. Does dropping off and picking up with a GWL mean going into the school office??.............it probably does.....BUT........interpretation is the key!!.....Does your school's Resource Officer have detailed and intimate knowledge of 308??...I think not!!......will the Resource Officer either body slam you or taze you immediatley upon seeing your weapon on your person??...I think so!!

SO PLEASE!!!!!!!! until this is cleaned up hopefully in the 2013 session.........just stay to the absolute black and white...in your vehicle pulling up to the pickup area for pickup and drop off....unless you want to spend thousands of dollars to finally prove to someone you were right, and if you do....there is NOTHING you can do to the LEO who reacted.!!

Cliff Notes"

Replace public gathering laws with list of places off limits
Creates "weapons" license that would allow knives and other concealable weapons to be carried legally
Addresses carrying long guns
Allows you to consume alcoholic beverages in restaurants
Removes parking lots from places off limits
Allows carry in bars if owner permits
Removes the 1000' buffer from "School Safety Zones"
Makes carrying on school property a misdemeanor with license and felony without license.
Puts picture on counterfeit proof license
Allow airport carry in areas not secured by TSA
Removes the lifetime prohibiter for misdemeanor marijuana convictions
Clarifies all codes related to weapons.

Won't:
Allow church or campus carry.

Sounds like goober talk. My wife gets caught with my pistol I left in the glove box while picking my child up is considered a felon by the court. My 21 year old son with a weapons license is fine carrying up to taking that step on his college then he is a criminal and treated as such.

The constitution re-written; As an American citizen you do have the right to keep and bear arms after you pay the $100 or whatever amount of fee we the government arbitrarily decide upon based on "our" financial needs in order for you to actually exercise the right.

Every common citizen must disarm in order to participate in prayer or step on property in church. The church has no legal right to decide who may or may not be armed. The church has no freedom to decide as that decision has been made by politicians who have their best interest at heart.

Gentlemen, we still have work and rights to restore.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right. Georgia Carry just appeared before the GA supreme court regarding this part of the laws and was immediately shot down. I truly believe that thus denial was more driven by emotion than reason only because they presented right after the sandy hook incident. We regroup and try again. The biggest voice we have right now is the ballet box!

Last edited:
Folks.......

This is in PDF format........print it out and keep it for your review, record keeping etc. Some people have it printed and in their car.

Thanks for posting this.

You would be amazed at the number of people, most who have never heard of GCO, who come to talk to us at a recruiting booth and want to discuss the Public Gathering laws.

Or the drinking issues, or the holster requirement, or the unloaded carry requirement, or the motor vehicle carry with or without a GWCL requirement, or the Concealed Carry Permit VS. the Open Carry Permit, or the ............

I think you get the idea.

Another great source is to go to this website: www.pocketpressinc.com

http://www.pocketpress.com/products/georgia.html They are only $9.00 and can be in your house in three days.

Order the "Pocket Guide to Georgia Criminal Laws" and you can carry around the actual laws in your pocket. Easy reference, easy to use for diffusing the awkward conversation with the guy that swears you must use a holster and it has to be above your knee and only on your right side, unloaded, of course!!

Back
Top Bottom