• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SB98 Introduced!

Good I was wondering when I could strap my 1911 under my bathing suit at whitewater

You're going to feel bad if they ask you if it's an officer's model.

I hope they do pass some common sense gun laws. I wonder at what point do they understand that criminals don't care what the laws are. That's why they're a criminal. Gun laws only effect law abiding citizens. The crooks carry their pistols everywhere.

Question about this, so does that take out the private property rule? will this over rule it so i can open carry to the mall even though its posted not to and state law back me up? im alittle confused on that. like could i open carry at a braves game? also the reason im using open carry as an example is because i have carried concealed to some no no places where it was posted but just want to know if this overturns that or if its still in effect and its just adding a few more places to carry. sorry to hijack but its related lol

I just saw this from GCO:

A very good gun bill that GeorgiaCarry strongly supports has just been introduced in SB 98 by Senator Barry Loudermilk. The bill effectively adds Georgia Weapons License holders to the Exemption Code - 16-11-130 and will allow anyone with a valid GWL to carry everywhere in the state with the exception of school buildings, inside courtrooms, buildings that house prisoners and inside nuclear power plants. Passing this bill will be another significant step towards restoring your right to bear arms.

Time to contact your State Senator, folks!

This is another good step. One correction, though- the current version of the bill says "courthouses" not "courtrooms". I almost got real excited, but it seems I will still have to disarm just to go to my local tag office...

raiseroof.gif Go Barry! :phone:

Back
Top Bottom