Sbr 10/22

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
Somebody convince me why I do or don't need this thing. One off the pending stamps I have is a SBR 10/22. I keep thinking how cool it would be to have a suppressed 4.5 inch 10/22 but then I get to thinking that with my 4.5 inch SBR 22 AR pending as well, what the hell am I going to do with the 10/22. The Ruger already has a 16 inch .920 threaded barrel so I am thinking that I should just cancel the stamp and leave well enough alone. The other part of me thinks I should just let it go through in case I ever want to SBR the 10/22 in the future.

What say you?

Somebody convince me why I do or don't need this thing. One off the pending stamps I have is a SBR 10/22. I keep thinking how cool it would be to have a suppressed 4.5 inch 10/22 but then I get to thinking that with my 4.5 inch SBR 22 AR pending as well, what the hell am I going to do with the 10/22. The Ruger already has a 16 inch .920 threaded barrel so I am thinking that I should just cancel the stamp and leave well enough alone. The other part of me thinks I should just let it go through in case I ever want to SBR the 10/22 in the future.

What say you?

You could always play dress up and get some kind of crazy alien conversion thing for it....might be fun :D
If you're into bull pups there's several stocks for that too...really the possibilities are endless

How does canceling a stamp work? You get the money refunded or can you apply the funds and wait time to another item?
You get the money back and your paperwork goes in the garbage. Only thing that has me hesitant is I read a thread on Arfcom about a guy who canceled an eform stamp and the ATF screwed up and cancelled all his pending stamps. I have seven pending stamps so that would REALLY suck, especially since I spaced them out every two to three weeks. I had 8 and got my first one back Tuesday. If things go right, I should get one back every couple of weeks for the next 4 months or so.

You get the money back and your paperwork goes in the garbage. Only thing that has me hesitant is I read a thread on Arfcom about a guy who canceled an eform stamp and the ATF screwed up and cancelled all his pending stamps. I have seven pending stamps so that would REALLY suck, especially since I spaced them out every two to three weeks. I had 8 and got my first one back Tuesday. If things go right, I should get one back every couple of weeks for the next 4 months or so.

Dude that would so suck for you. Too bad it's not a Form 1 on a lower, you know something a little more versatile.

Dude that would so suck for you. Too bad it's not a Form 1 on a lower, you know something a little more versatile.

Two of my pending stamps are form 1s on lowers. Not too worried about that. That is the other reason I am having doubts about the 10/22. With a 4.5 inch 22 AR SBR already, I'm not going to really be gaining anything with the Ruger.

I would just leave it be and enjoy that sucker when the stamp comes in. You wanted it bad enough to fill out the paperwork and send the check, you know deep down you will love that bad boy.

I would just leave it be and enjoy that sucker when the stamp comes in. You wanted it bad enough to fill out the paperwork and send the check, you know deep down you will love that bad boy.

I keep thinking it would be cool to have Dobbs Defense make me a custom can like the IDF uses. My understanding is the IDF calls this rifle the "Hush Puppy."

i117.photobucket.com_albums_o49_ypke02_IDF1022.jpg

I'd only do it of I were going to do something crazy. I've seen a picture of one cut down with a pistol grip similar to your 14 inch shotgun.

Back
Top Bottom