• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SBR Project... PPS 43??

Kaleisey

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
Do any of y'all have experience with the Pioneer Arms pps 43c pistols? I have a 9mm version but have only 15 rounds through it because of the chaos going on. I am not sure if it is a reliable firearm or not for my lack of ability to test it.

I am wanting to SBR a pps 43. Should I continue with my 9mm or trade for a 7.62x25 pistol? 9mm mags have also been hard to find. Any help or thoughts?? Thanks all!

Do any of y'all have experience with the Pioneer Arms pps 43c pistols? I have a 9mm version but have only 15 rounds through it because of the chaos going on. I am not sure if it is a reliable firearm or not for my lack of ability to test it.

I am wanting to SBR a pps 43. Should I continue with my 9mm or trade for a 7.62x25 pistol? 9mm mags have also been hard to find. Any help or thoughts?? Thanks all!
They use the same mag. Don't know why you'd use anything different for the 9mm. I've been feeding mine with the Tokarev mags with no issues at all. The actual 9mm mags are hard to find because they aren't made or made anymore. 7.62x25 is just a necked 9mm cartridge.

I say go for it, add a foregrip and thread the barrel.

Do yourself a favor and keep the rest of the parts kit in case **** really decides to go sideways.

I've built multiple pps43s, very fun guns. I've done several stock conversions also on the 43c for people who had sbr paperwork and wanted the folding stock. I think they are a fun and unique sbr.

Yeah I've never used anything other that tok mags for the 9mm conversions.

They are solid enough guns to be worth SBRing. I've been thinking about doing that with my Tok version.

You might want to get a gunsmith to check headspacing on it, or at least run go/no-go gages through it before you file paperwork, just to be sure though.

I say do it and 9mm is not 7.62x25 it’s shorter and that’s why there is a spacer in the back of the 9mm mags. That being said it does work in both mags just more reliable in the 9mm. The SBR conversion is extremely easy and requires no specialized tools if you don’t want to weld but I suggest welding pack the pin. Also it’s relatively easy to swap out the barrels for a caliber change too

0209875E-4FF6-42AD-BFB5-B0E09EA9EE29.jpeg

I say do it and 9mm is not 7.62x25 it’s shorter and that’s why there is a spacer in the back of the 9mm mags. That being said it does work in both mags just more reliable in the 9mm. The SBR conversion is extremely easy and requires no specialized tools if you don’t want to weld but I suggest welding pack the pin. Also it’s relatively easy to swap out the barrels for a caliber change too

View attachment 3106373
Wouldn't changing the barrel affect the tax stamp? Say I have a 9mm and serialize it then swap barrels or is it similar to an AR lower where you can change uppers no problem?

There is no law regarding modifications to an SBR but the general opinion is you can change configurations as long as you can change it back to the original tax stamp set up. I personally believe the ATF could careless and if anything you could just send them an update on the configuration change to have the registry updated.

Back
Top Bottom