• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scam or treasure? "The National WW2 Museum"

where do you see WW2 in this? Read again, it is WW, not WW2 ,It is a women's wear web site???
The site changed, It was a gun website yesterday! I swear they used the The National WW2 Museum logo everywhere on the page, trying to deceive us into believing that they are the real National WW2 Museum:confused: :wacko:

It changed! I swear they used the The National WW2 Museum logo everywhere on the page :confused: :wacko:

Sure. That site's domain was only registered a few days before.
  • Register the domain
  • Get some legitimate content on a website for the domain (usually something commercial, but as long as it's plausible)
  • Hand tune the content to point off to another site where user credentials/identities/credit cards can be captured.
I'm sure the content will change again over the next few days as they work out the obviously fraudulent parts.

This seems way too good to be true! Noticed a sponsored add on Facebook for this website and it looks very real....thoughts? Anyone ever fall for one of these scam sites?
My ammo arrived today. It did ship from China. But the boxes seem original. Or at least good enough fakes you’d never know. My package did get held up by customs for 3-4 days. But my **** finally arrived.

If nothing else, just the brass from the 300 win mag and 338 lapua is worth WAY more than I paid for the whole load. I got a total of about 50 boxes, across a wide range of Cals.

To be perfectly honest, they JUST arrived in the last 30 mins. So I’ve not fired any. But ima start with the 22 or 9 and see what happens. Then work my way up. As long as the smaller ones go well, I’ll light off the big boys eventually.

I was indeed worried once I realized the order/company was Chinese. Mainly the tracking link didn’t work for the first 3-4 days. I sent a nasty email then as I was nearly sure it was a scam by then. But someone replied and assured me my order had shipped and the tracking would update within a couple days. Sure as ****, in about 2 days the tracking link stated working and I’ve watched my box being shipped the whole way.

Then of course I freaked again when it said customs had impounded my box. I had a small SHTF situation in my personal life the past 2 days. So I totally forgot about the package and customs too. But just a bit ago I came outside and found the package on my porch. So now I’m here.

I actually found this link. Bc I was looking for the website to order more from them. But I saw your post and wanted to make an update since I did receive exactly what I ordered. I can’t make any promises for anyone else. But mine came as advertised.

PS, so far the brass stamping seems to be inline with the marks on ammo I’ve bought locally from the same said brand. I know all that can be faked. But if these are fake, so far they are the best fakes I’ve seen and I’d have no issue buying more “fakes” if this is what I Recieve.

My ammo arrived today. It did ship from China. But the boxes seem original. Or at least good enough fakes you’d never know. My package did get held up by customs for 3-4 days. But my **** finally arrived.

If nothing else, just the brass from the 300 win mag and 338 lapua is worth WAY more than I paid for the whole load. I got a total of about 50 boxes, across a wide range of Cals.

To be perfectly honest, they JUST arrived in the last 30 mins. So I’ve not fired any. But ima start with the 22 or 9 and see what happens. Then work my way up. As long as the smaller ones go well, I’ll light off the big boys eventually.

I was indeed worried once I realized the order/company was Chinese. Mainly the tracking link didn’t work for the first 3-4 days. I sent a nasty email then as I was nearly sure it was a scam by then. But someone replied and assured me my order had shipped and the tracking would update within a couple days. Sure as ****, in about 2 days the tracking link stated working and I’ve watched my box being shipped the whole way.

Then of course I freaked again when it said customs had impounded my box. I had a small SHTF situation in my personal life the past 2 days. So I totally forgot about the package and customs too. But just a bit ago I came outside and found the package on my porch. So now I’m here.

I actually found this link. Bc I was looking for the website to order more from them. But I saw your post and wanted to make an update since I did receive exactly what I ordered. I can’t make any promises for anyone else. But mine came as advertised.

PS, so far the brass stamping seems to be inline with the marks on ammo I’ve bought locally from the same said brand. I know all that can be faked. But if these are fake, so far they are the best fakes I’ve seen and I’d have no issue buying more “fakes” if this is what I Recieve.

Where was that ammo actually shipped from (ideally, if you can tell, which city?)

The reason I ask is that I'm surprised that anything was delivered. To import ammunition from foreign countries, you need to apply for an import permit from the ATF and complete this AFT Form 6 Part 1 or a bunch of burly guys in battle rattle and bad haircuts may turn up on your doorstep at some ungodly hour in the very early morning, shoot your dogs and invite you to answer a few questions in a local federal facility.

Best way to deal with that is to cop a plea or offer yourself as an informant and/or agent provocateur and entrap people into breaking other federal laws.

Back
Top Bottom