• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scammers

I keep a close eye on the Shotgun section. There are about 1-4 scams posted every day from new accounts. Most times it s a $2-5K shotgun posted for $1.1-1.6K. Obviously too good to be true. The listing always seem to be "located" in Savannah or Valdosta. Posts are usually deleted pretty quick. I just laugh emoji them.

Edit: also wanted to add you can usually Google the description and find the original listing from another forum years back.

I just laugh emoji them.

As noted above, don't even do that. Any interaction with those posts is a bad thing.

And for what it's worth, even as obvious as it should be those posts are scams and as quickly as the accounts are caught, most of those shotgun posts will have anywhere from 3-5 users who've already PM'd asking where to send them funds.

Be aware there appears to be a new batch of scammers that have joined the site. I posted looking for a specific scope and got a few messages from brand new members claiming their "friend" had a scope and to just email them since they weren't on the site. The one "friend" was supposedly in California and willing to ship. It smelt fishy, but I followed it down the rabbit hole. They tried to get me to send money to multiple Venmo accounts that were flagged and then asked to send money on Paypal but only friends and family. Needless to say I didn't fall for it. Be careful out there!!
Apparently I should’ve came on and read this before I got caught in the web of scam. Yesterday was a long day to try to fight to get my money back from PayPal, so Guys it is real. It is true. These guys are out here. They’re clever and they will entice you with Things and items that appeals to us so be careful. God bless you and I can truly said that at the age of 50 I never thought I’ll get scam but fortunately for me I was able to retrieve my money back but I am warning people out here if it sounds too good to be true Check double check

They target you when you post "PM sent" to adds be it selling or buying.
They always use the line of "so and so" "doesn't frequent the site much, so use his personal email".
Then they shoot you contact info.
Last time they tried to get me, I was already communicating with the seller, I could not resist the fun of playing with them for a few emails.
:cool:

They target you when you post "PM sent" to adds be it selling or buying.
They always use the line of "so and so" "doesn't frequent the site much, so use his personal email".
Then they shoot you contact info.
Last time they tried to get me, I was already communicating with the seller, I could not resist the fun of playing with them for a few emails.
:cool:
Aggravate the stew out them.....

I was always taught that if it looked or sounded too good to be true,
then it probably was too good to be true.
Whether it be dealing with cars, guns or whiskey & women,
always go with your gut instinct.
Never have had a problem with the guns, cars or whiskey.
The women however were an issue in the past (I admit, I was young & dumb once or twice).

I was always taught that if it looked or sounded too good to be true,
then it probably was too good to be true.
Whether it be dealing with cars, guns or whiskey & women,
always go with your gut instinct.
Never have had a problem with the guns, cars or whiskey.
The women however were an issue in the past (I admit, I was young & dumb once or twice).
Weren’t we all been there done that and got the t-shirt

Back
Top Bottom