Scars - a reminder of the life we lived

Hayata

Wolf Icon
Knock it off with them negative waves Moriarity!
180   0
Reaction score
When I was a young man a buddy and I slid our motorcycles through the chained gate of the Byron speedway back in...1986 maybe?

Rode the oval and long story short I smacked the wall after trying to break the land speed record.

Picked myself up, and after seeing my kneecap, decided I wouldn't be able to fix the holes in my skin myself with a bandaid. Luckily bike was only slightly more scarred than me, rode to the WR hospital ER. 82 stitches later I rode home. Folks weren't too happy the next morning.

Had to fix the bike to sell to pay for ER visit.

Anyway, none of my scars are really worth posting pics.

Post your stories and pics.

I recently had a 24 inch ductile iron pipe slip and fall through the cab of the excavator I was operating. It ended up landing mostly on my left leg and left foot. I count myself lucky, it could have been much worse. The pictures are from the day I got home from the hospital. I had to hobble around on a cane for awhile but I actually made it out of the ordeal without any broken bones. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the excavator, when the pipe hit me I somehow pushed against the controls rotating the cab causing the pipe to be pulled back out of the cab and off of me. Not too many physical scars but I think about it nearly every time I'm back in an excavator. Alot of stuff crossed my mind while waiting on an ambulance. It felt a lot worse than it actually was, I think the crushed controls in the machine kept some of the weight off of me.

20230605_093022.jpg
20230605_092940.jpg

I recently had a 24 inch ductile iron pipe slip and fall through the cab of the excavator I was operating. It ended up landing mostly on my left leg and left foot. I count myself lucky, it could have been much worse. The pictures are from the day I got home. I had to hobble around on a cane for awhile but I actually made it out of the ordeal without any broken bones. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the excavator, when the pipe hit me I somehow pushed against the controls rotating the cab causing the pipe to be pulled back out of the cab and off of me. Not too many physical scars but I think about it nearly every time I'm back in an excavator.

View attachment 6137382View attachment 6137384
dang it man! glad u are ok ,

Got stab 2x while growing up in NYC, in the back during a fight didn't notice it until sweat got into the wound, and stab in my forearm the knife got stuck in my bone, my Grandmother just put some coffee grounds on it after washing it out, it scabbed in 2 days. Just, part of growing up.

I recently had a 24 inch ductile iron pipe slip and fall through the cab of the excavator I was operating. It ended up landing mostly on my left leg and left foot. I count myself lucky, it could have been much worse. The pictures are from the day I got home from the hospital. I had to hobble around on a cane for awhile but I actually made it out of the ordeal without any broken bones. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the excavator, when the pipe hit me I somehow pushed against the controls rotating the cab causing the pipe to be pulled back out of the cab and off of me. Not too many physical scars but I think about it nearly every time I'm back in an excavator. Alot of stuff crossed my mind while waiting on an ambulance. It felt a lot worse than it actually was, I think the crushed controls in the machine kept some of the weight off of me.

View attachment 6137382View attachment 6137384
Oh man. I can only imagine the " oh ****" moment.

Too many to list.
Broken bones, cuts, etc., I have had quite a few….just from birth they had to break my legs and hips 6 times and I was in braces for 8 years. Born “club-footed” (what they called it) . At age 13 I Fell (jumped…sort of) from 3 stories, crushed 3 lower vertebrae ….spinal brace and traction 10mos. (Traction for 5-6weeks) ……car wrecks, cycle wrecks, falls, etc., They all suck !
I am damned sure reaping the pain from it all now in my later adult life ! Lol.
It’s not fun !

Back
Top Bottom