School me on 9mm Handguns

Which 9mm handgun would you suggest?

• Stick with the Glock 19 (that I have had perfect reliability with)

Votes: 42 67.7%
  • Sig 226

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Sig 320

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Beretta 92fs (not used to having a thumb safety on carry gun)

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters
Even at ten cents per round, he's shot a house downrange.
Used to save the thousand round cases and receipts and boxes. Factory in Social Circle back then $100 for 1000 9mm, 1000 .45ACP 160. Damn I miss those days. My first Gen 250+/- with only an $8 trigger spring and two sets of sights and a massive box of ammo.

Now I can barely walk so those days are over. ! Dammit.

I have run hundreds of thousands of rounds through poly frame handguns. They have out lasted every metal/steel weapon I have come across and maintained their accuracy and dependability. Love 1911's, CZ's and Browning Hi Powers.

Give me a tiny bag of parts and I will run that polygun cheaper with fewer repairs than any steel weapon (handgun) and just as accurately.
Have had a couple with over 500k rounds and virtually a free rebuild at Glock when looking for a single spring. Lots of great steel and polyguns.
I’m thinking more in terms of time, than rounds. I don’t know much about firearm polymer, but i’ve seen a lot of plastic that didn’t age well. Glocks are fine for today, but in 60 years I’ll bet on a 60 y/o metal frame over a 60 y/o plastic one.

Go to QuickShot and rent a whole bunch of their 9mm guns to see what you like.

BTW... if your 19 is Gen 3 or 4 it may be the finger grives causing you problems. For me they line up exactly wrong. The Gen 5 has shot much, much better for me. Worth a shot since you already like Glocks.

Back
Top Bottom