• Steiner

• Bushnell

• Sig Sauer

• Zero Compromise Optics

• US Optics

• Tangent Theta

• Burris

Results are only viewable after voting.
Biggest surprise for me is the Meopta brand. I have a couple of Vortex and they have served me well in the field. Biggest disappointment was a Weaver Kaspa that I broke 2 of them on my suppressed LR308. Reticles on 2 different ones started rotating in the tube.

Biggest surprise for me is the Meopta brand. I have a couple of Vortex and they have served me well in the field. Biggest disappointment was a Weaver Kaspa that I broke 2 of them on my suppressed LR308. Reticles on 2 different ones started rotating in the tube.
The Optika 6 5-30 is phenomenal. Hands down the best entry level ffp scope I have ever used or owned. Got a 4.5-27 next, the glass on the 5-30 is much, much better than the rest of the line. The 4.5-27 was on par with a gen 2 pst. The 5-30 was much closer to the gen 2 razor.

ONE-COLOR_NCSTAR_LOGO_R-5-90x90.png

ReservoirDog10 pretty much hit the nail on the head. I've been looking at a lot of optics the past year and his post is exactly what I found in my research. Good catch on the Khales, would love a 1-8 but have heard there might be some competition for the Vortex Razor Gen III 1-10 later this year/SHOT show time.

ReservoirDog10 pretty much hit the nail on the head. I've been looking at a lot of optics the past year and his post is exactly what I found in my research. Good catch on the Khales, would love a 1-8 but have heard there might be some competition for the Vortex Razor Gen III 1-10 later this year/SHOT show time.
Intrigued by the gen 3 competitor.

I haven't had a lot of scopes. But I spend a lot of time getting it zeroed just right. Historically when I get done I can thread a needle out a long ways. So when I get done I don't want to have to change anything. Now that said I've had Bushnell, let me down both fog up and loose zero on rifles as light as 22LR. I won't buy any of their products for years now. I have one old Tasco, been good so far. I have old Redfields, good glass but the increments aren't reliable. So if you have to adjust scope for extended long ranges it's dicey. Nikon, seems to be as good as the old Redfield. Simmons has seemed to OK as well. I've never owned Burris, I've known those that have, seems to be a good scope. Most of what I have are Leupold, seems to be the real value here. Glass is good, but not the best you can buy. The adjustments are spot on. No complaints at all. Seems to be a very tough quality scope. I do have some Steiner binoculars, no complaints at all. Good glass and rugged quality. I believe the German and Nightforce glass are the best money can buy. I've seen some crazy things happen to Nightforce scopes and still keep working.

You asked multiple questions that get different answers.

Vortex is probably the most purchased scope brand on the market. Good customer service, they listen to customers, and they have options in every price range. The Gen 2 Razor is the best bang for the buck scope on the market. The Gen 3 1-10 is as close to the perfect LPVO that has hit the market.

Leupold follows at second I would guess, in shear sales volume. Completely unimpressed with their offerings and at the price points. Even the mk5 line has tracking issues.

TT is the current king of quality. Followed closely by Zco, but that could be changing now as well.

S&B is the the Golden ruler that all other scopes are compared to. Pure quality. Slow to revolutionize, but consistent quality.

Nightforce is solid, but miss some features at their price point that shouldn't be missing.

USO is done for, by their own doing. The b series used to be some of the best on the market. Then everyone else caught up and took over. Now, they have resorted to putting out Chineseuk shyt cans. WTF USO?

Steiner is hit or miss. They have some staples, but even those have some QC issues at a rate that is alarming. That said, their P4Xi is probably the best budget LPVO on the market. I tend to think of Steiner for IR more than anything else these days.

Bushnell Elite Tactical lines are under rated. DMR, HDMR, XRS and ERS. Their LRTS series is solid as well for a hunting scope or dual role scope.

Sig. Meh. They are trying though and will continue gaining traction.

Burris is pretty good and probably a bit under rated. The Gen 3 XTR's compete well with the Gen 2 Razors, but I'd still go Razor.

Missed Kahles. Solid. Probably the most well respected lpvo's on the market with their k16i and k18i. 624i is solid. Kinda screwed up the 525i, but they fixed the issues with DOF from what I understand.

Be on the lookout for March with their Highmaster series hitting the states.
L
Most of the scopes, on the higher end of the offerings, are all made in Japan by Light Optic Works. Companies replace some stuff on em, but they are coming from the same factory. Lots of other quality offerings coming ou of LOW with various

This ^…also bushnell LRHS, LRTS, DMR, and XRS are all excellent scopes. I wish bushnell would keep their elite tactical lines.

SWFA HDs top tier also for the price point.

NF has a vicious following and say anything negative about them on the other gun forums and you’ll get banned…lol. I think their reticles suck personally, and the ATACR is a massive scope. The NXS was blah for how expensive it was.

Also, when you use NF warranty they’ll never admit their product was defective.

I think this thread would make more sense if you summed it up to what model of scope? Like compare all these companies flagship scopes?

I run

ZEISS Victory Diavari 2.5-10x50 T* Riflescope (Matte Black)​

On both deer rifles took off leupolds there are a lot of difference on both ends money and quality,guess you get what you pay for

Back
Top Bottom