• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

scope for air rifle

gold7126

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
53   0
Reaction score
Have a Stoger 177 with a fixed 4 power scope. One inch tube FYI Clear glass and does a good job if you keep it zeroed. Went to gun store and asked about upgrading to a better scope and was told they did not have any air gun scopes in house. Insisted a regular scope would not work. Called another store and got the same story. Who makes a good scope that will work?

I have heard the same about springers.. I have a pcp with a standard cheap ass rimfire scope that I can shoot the nuts off a donkey with at 20 feet.

Have a Stoger 177 with a fixed 4 power scope. One inch tube FYI Clear glass and does a good job if you keep it zeroed. Went to gun store and asked about upgrading to a better scope and was told they did not have any air gun scopes in house. Insisted a regular scope would not work. Called another store and got the same story. Who makes a good scope that will work?

Cant imagins that being true, considering most decent scopes are rated up to 50bmg, and most scopes that are on airguns i wouldnt even consider for 22lr, most are chinesium.

Just to be safe, get a scope from company that has good warranty, like Leupold, Vortex, Primary Arms or Burris. If the scope goes kaput (which it shouldn't, they have warranty)

Ordered new scope on line and would not fit the machine grooves oon my gun Called Benelli-Stoger and asked if they could sell me one.. They will not sell me one but have a freebie in mail

Back
Top Bottom