• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SD Pheasant Hunt

Rzr570

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
Guys,

Heading west for my first hunt in a few weeks. Any advice? I picked up a pair of Danner Pronghorns today and plan on getting some brush pants soon. Was planning on taking my SBE 2, is that a good choice? Any advice is appreciated.

Are you taking a dog? If so get some boots for it, sand burrs are a bitch. Also have it field shaved. The shotgun is fine. SD pheasants are 100 MPH wild birds, get 'em on the rise or just say goodbye.

Take some bismuth loads if you plan to hunt any federal lands.

Are you taking a dog? If so get some boots for it, sand burrs are a *****. Also have it field shaved. The shotgun is fine. SD pheasants are 100 MPH wild birds, get 'em on the rise or just say goodbye.

Take some bismuth loads if you plan to hunt any federal lands.
No dog. Outfitter/lodge hunt. What shells should I take?

Make sure you got some comfortable boots,britches,and shirts,something warm and light because as the day progresses you will shed some.the birds will fly with the wind.

If you are hunting wild birds that late in the season then be prepared for long shots... they get spooky late in season.
Oh, and don’t slam the truck door or shotgun bolt closed . Or even talk loud. I have seen hundreds of birds flying out of a field hundreds of yards away when hunters were loud.

Back
Top Bottom