• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

See anything wrong with this ammo?

Thank you sir.. your such a kind feller.. since your the only one that didn’t ignore me.. I’ll meet you at your convenience with a gift of 500 web 9 mm ammo
Aww and i was just about to reply....just catching up on thread. Lol. :cool-new:

really...looks to me on the final crimp , it is too tight of a crimp. They may not have sized the case correctly as you suggested, as well.

Aww and i was just about to reply....just catching up on thread. Lol. :cool-new:

really...looks to me on the final crimp , it is too tight of a crimp. They may not have sized the case correctly as you suggested, as well.
You know a ton more than me about this stuff.. your more likely right.. not me

I suspect they are attempting to seat the bullet and taper crimp in a single operation and do not have the die set correctly. I haven't been to Smiley's in many months (never a seller there) but now I'm curious as to who is selling this ammo.

You know a ton more than me about this stuff.. your more likely right.. not me
Idk about that. Lol. Maybe. But i aint a snob or nuthin’ ..... lmao.

There are two diff types of crimps...roll crimp and taper crimp.
if they tried to roll crimp a round - that is to feed out of a semi auto, it would do that while seating the bullet .
9mm, .40, .45, ect., all should have a taper crimp. At least thats the way i have done it for .....decades (showing my age) . :bounce:

I suspect they are attempting to seat the bullet and taper crimp in a single operation and do not have the die set correctly. I haven't been to Smiley's in many months (never a seller there) but now I'm curious as to who is selling this ammo.
Yep...same thing i answered Bulldog with at the same time :pound:

Well then, BDR1 BDR1 will send EACH of you $500
I am In Water Pool.gif

Back
Top Bottom