Seems like times are tough right now

From the web:

Thanksgiving Day saw $5.6 billion in online spending, up 5.5% year over year, Adobe found. Black Friday generated $9.8 billion in online sales — up 7.5% from last year. But Cyber Monday is still expected to be the biggest online shopping day of the year, driving a record $12 billion in spending.

It's really weird. Lots of negative indicators and some positive ones.

Traffic on 575 backed WAY up at the outlet exit. You'd think if people were broke they wouldn't be shopping...yeah, I don't get it.

Those numbers don't cover the inflation rate... actually if you adjust for inflation, everything is down.

You would think if things were this bad, prices would come down on cars/housing (no supply I guess).

According to a report from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, American's collective credit card debt has reached $1.08 trillion

• Nearly 50% of cardholders carry debt from month-to-month, up from 39% in 2021.

Interest rates are 30% on a lot of cards it seems.

From the web:

Thanksgiving Day saw $5.6 billion in online spending, up 5.5% year over year, Adobe found. Black Friday generated $9.8 billion in online sales — up 7.5% from last year. But Cyber Monday is still expected to be the biggest online shopping day of the year, driving a record $12 billion in spending.

Traffic on 575 backed WAY up at the outlet exit. You'd think if people were broke they wouldn't be shopping...yeah, I don't get it.
Folks these days spend it whether they got it or not—- gotta keep up with the Jones’s

From the web:

Does the record spending report account for inflation? **** cost 20% more so technically it's down 12.5% just buying the same amount. I know there is a lot more and my statement is oversimplified but it's just a point to consider.

The cost of housing has people that work full time jobs for low wages doing what they must to survive. The ones living off credit cards they still can qualify to get have not hit hard times yet. Cut food stamps and welfare programs and people will start to eat the rich to survive.
Just continue to stock extra food and water when you can.

The farther out on the limb you go the risk of breaking and crashing down increases. The further up the tree you climb the longer and harder the fall. I think most Americans are near the top of a tall tree and they are more than half way out on the end of the branch. I think there will be sudden “event“ that breaks the limb and it will be this winter or spring.

Back
Top Bottom