• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seems like times are tough right now

I have four houses next to mine, for sale. Very nice homes, brand new homes. Builder slowed way down on the builds, so they took some time to complete. Last year they would have never made it to the market, and would have been sold before the build was complete, probably before the ground was broken. Now the market has completely stalled.

My home is for sale at a very competitive price. But we have not had a single home buyer even request a viewing yet after 3 months on the market.
I wish it would slow down over here!
:frusty:
If you want to pick up your place and move it here, you'll get above what your asking, first day. 😁

Gas station clerks are saying peoples cards are bouncing , and they are putting small dollar increments on gas fill up

Repos are up

Foreclosures are up

Bankruptcies are up

People tapping into their 401k/roth Ira’s are up

Job market is tough right now, layoffs are sweeping the country

Credit card debt is at an all time record high

Student loan payments are about to kick back in

Global conflicts are up

It seems like the chickens have come home to roost
Buying has really slowed on here based on what i am seeing.

So true.... I will add if you do not turn your life over to supporting ANY political party and simply vote for the candidate of YOUR choice things run pretty smooth for you and your household.
A candidate of ones choice will never make the ballot in most cases. Today's voter only gets to choose from those the oligarchy allows on the ballot.

A candidate of ones choice will never make the ballot in most cases. Today's voter only gets to choose from those the oligarchy allows on the ballot.
We got lucky up here with Andrew Clyde as our Congressman but as far as US Senate and Presidential races the candidates are decided by TPTB.

I did not make a distinction in the post. But my local City Councilman and County Commissioner have done more to improve my quality of life where I live than a state Governor , US Congressman or US President ever has.

L

Less Than 1% of homes are owned by corporations
Not in my subdivision.....every home sale for the last 3 years has been a Corp purchase turned rental....and they all went over asking. If I could afford another home I'd dip out too but the market is still stupid on prices.

From the web:

Thanksgiving Day saw $5.6 billion in online spending, up 5.5% year over year, Adobe found. Black Friday generated $9.8 billion in online sales — up 7.5% from last year. But Cyber Monday is still expected to be the biggest online shopping day of the year, driving a record $12 billion in spending.

It's really weird. Lots of negative indicators and some positive ones.

Traffic on 575 backed WAY up at the outlet exit. You'd think if people were broke they wouldn't be shopping...yeah, I don't get it.
Spending on credit - just adding to the pain to come

Second agent we have listed it with, first was “different”
Nice place!!!

Back
Top Bottom