• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seems like times are tough right now

Another example. I work for a generous company. Our Christmas bonus is an extra two week pay check in December. I knew that was customary when I joined. I said then all bonuses (this one and a large annual bonus) would go into retirement savings. Lots of people burn it on Christmas gifts etc. If I can't fund Christmas through my regular earnings, I'm living beyond my means. That's the #1 financial demise of most people.
My boss laughs because he knows I dont spend bonuses. I save for a rainy day. When he handed me my Christmas bonus last year I promised him I would not put it into savings and I would buy something fun. I have not spent it yet. I do have it in an envelope

Millennials are quick to look everywhere but the mirror for their own problems. That being said, it's funny as hell seeing the boomers in this thread **** on millennials when they don't even use a credit card and pay it off at the end of every month, literally free money, or know jack **** about investing strategies and other financial vehicles other than precious metals

Oh god please don’t get the boomers started talking about investing in silver and gold

You have to be more specific, the first or second generation of millennials? Us older ones are not much different from boomers, except we can use computers, we can't afford healthcare and education puts us in debt forever lol
Specifically the younger ones. I guess they just have to grow up. I realize at the end of the day, people are just people and do what people do. It doesn't matter class or location, it's just people. The education system has a lot to do with the problems we have today.

Specifically the younger ones. I guess they just have to grow up. I realize at the end of the day, people are just people and do what people do. It doesn't matter class or location, it's just people. The education system has a lot to do with the problems we have today.
No truer words ever typed. From the beginning of time people have been people. The older folks complain about the younger folks. The younger folks are learning and trying to make their way. Over time the younger folks become older folks and forget who they once were before they knew it all and had it all figured out.

tempImagePT9TQN.png

thought this thread was about:

Gas station clerks are saying peoples cards are bouncing , and they are putting small dollar increments on gas fill up

Repos are up

Foreclosures are up

Bankruptcies are up

People tapping into their 401k/roth Ira’s are up

Job market is tough right now, layoffs are sweeping the country

Credit card debt is at an all time record high

Student loan payments are about to kick back in

Global conflicts are up

It seems like the chickens have come home to roost

thought this thread was about:

Gas station clerks are saying peoples cards are bouncing , and they are putting small dollar increments on gas fill up

Repos are up

Foreclosures are up

Bankruptcies are up

People tapping into their 401k/roth Ira’s are up

Job market is tough right now, layoffs are sweeping the country

Credit card debt is at an all time record high

Student loan payments are about to kick back in

Global conflicts are up

It seems like the chickens have come home to roost
Very true.....

No truer words ever typed. From the beginning of time people have been people. The older folks complain about the younger folks. The younger folks are learning and trying to make their way. Over time the younger folks become older folks and forget who they once were before they knew it all and had it all figured out.
What he said clicked with me and I realized they're just young. Simple as that

Back
Top Bottom