• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seller Lied on Property Disclosures

Yea I have seen this before, go to a lawyer ask options and they say good luck just pay to fix the issues. They know a person isn’t going to pay the lawyer 10k up front on a 10k problem. Now if it’s 100k issue and your willing to let the lawyer take 30-50 percent and pay all fees up front and fight it, then maybe you can find one to “help”.

Hey everyone, wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. We recently purchased a house and after 2 months it's evident the seller lied on multiple things on the property disclosure. We are considering suing but I do not know what type of lawyer I should contact or if you have any recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

There are two types of lawyers that will have relevant expertise: Real estate attorney and civil litigator. Sometimes they are one and the same. Did you have your own attorney at the closing, or did the attorney represent both parties? If you had an attorney, start there. Might not be the right person for a lawsuit, but they can usually refer you to the right type of attorney.

However, while exploring that option, your much better option is: Finding out what it will cost to fix the issues. And then fix them. You'll need estimates for a lawsuit anyway. You may find that some labor invested on your part is what's needed, and that puts you in control of understanding and correcting the issue.

Life is much better if you can fix problems yourself, even if other people made those problems for you.

A lawsuit will leave you feeling anxious (because of unknown outcome), stressed, cheated, and further destroy any faith you have in your fellow human beings.

It's related to not disclosing storm water drainage, easements, and foundation settling that was likely covered up with fresh carpet. So the basement was covered and not able to be inspected. This thread is about what type of lawyer I can contact who can provide legal council. My wife is 8 months pregnant with our first kid and we are very upset. I'm not here to justify what we did or didn't do
I said that to see if you can go after the inspector, not to jab at you or your family.

Back
Top Bottom