• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seller Lied on Property Disclosures

We did all due diligence and had an inspection. It's related to things that happen when it rains, which it sure did this morning. since it didn't rain when the inspection happened, it wasn't discovered. Property is also not in a flood zone.

I find it hard to believe that a water issue didn't leave any signs that your inspector should have caught. sounds like you had a subpar inspection
It's related to not disclosing storm water drainage, easements, and foundation settling that was likely covered up with fresh carpet. So the basement was covered and not able to be inspected. This thread is about what type of lawyer I can contact who can provide legal council. My wife is 8 months pregnant with our first kid and we are very upset. I'm not here to justify what we did or didn't do

Did you hire your own home inspector before purchasing.thats the best 3-4 hundred you will ever spend.dont depend on theirs they paying them.

Stormwater easements are on your property deed and plat. No regress there. Settling of the concrete is normal especially with the age of the house. There is a difference between leaking and seepage. Are the gutters cleaned out? Is the soil sloped away from the house? I believe 1' of fall 10' from the house is standard.

Not trying to be a buzz kill, but you have a better chance of bagging a supermodel than winning the lawsuit. PM me and I could talk to you about options of fixing the problem. Mine has had some of the same I believe.

My brother in law had a similar situation within the Atlanta city limits somewhere near Memorial and East… Dekalb Co jurisdiction. After several legal fillings, the lawyers told him that they did everything that they can do and left him on the hook for the legal cost. It was double yummy. My advice is to find an attorney that will guarantee that if they loose you do not have to pay.

Try contacting the real-estate agent that represented you. If they are good at their job at all they should be able to give you some good advice. Lord knows they have been paid enough for it already.
I did that when we had an issue , broker said we will “ do the right thing” which was telling me two weeks later to hire an attorney.

goo luck OP you will likely need to speak with several law firms to find one

Back
Top Bottom