• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seperating Hunting rifles from tactical rifles.

Would you use the Outdoors Trader more often if you could see more relevant gun and gear faster?

• Yes

Votes: 35 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 51 59.3%

• Total voters
While we are talking about it....technically....the sections should be labeled "Revolvers" and "Pistols" - not "Revolvers" and "Handguns." A revolver is a handgun but is not a pistol. Both pistols and revolvers are handguns.

pistol
[pis-tl] /ˈpɪs tl/
  • Examples
  • Word Origin
noun
a short firearm intended to be held and fired with one hand.

mid 16th century: from obsolete French pistole, from German Pistole, from Czech pišt'ala, of which the original meaning was ‘whistle,’ hence ‘a firearm’ by the resemblance in shape.

handgun
[hand-guhn] /ˈhændˌgʌn/
  • Examples
  • Word Origin
noun
any firearm that can be held and fired with one hand; a revolver or a pistol.

They are very interchangeable and one is not inclusive or exclusive of the other

if we wanted to get technical they would be revolving pistols and automatic loading pistols, but no one wants to see that ;)

I agree with rOmiLaYu rOmiLaYu usage of pistol/revolver and use it that way myself. BUT heck we cant even get people on board with clip/magazine.

At the risk of being offensive, I will dare to say that while handgun/revolver isn't crystal clear, if not redundant. If you cant figure out where to list your Taurus M85 it might be a good thing that your listing a gun for sale. You should probably be selling and not buying.

FWIW though, I saw no need for the split.

I think a tactical tab would be nice - you could look at Zev Glocks, KSG's, Surgeon rifles and etc under one tab.

It would be nice to choose two tabs for your header if you had a multi gun trade or sale. Pistol/ Rifle could both show up if you had a Glock and a AR-15 to trade for an AR-10 example.

I also would like a little separation in the Car/ Truck/ RV etc tab.

You'll be hard-pressed to draw a line between hunting and tactical...
indeed, everyone has different tastes in hunting rifle. i hunt with a few guys and one uses a mid weight ar10, one a light weight synthetic stocked modern 308 rifle, and me a custom mosin. so there is no real definition of a hunting rifle, i got a stock m44 that came in a box labeled hunting carbine

Back
Top Bottom