• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Server issues

I think with Vista you can click start and then type in cmd, press enter. A black box should pop up which will look familiar if you ever used Dos. Anyways, then type ipconfig /flushdns

All my machines are on XP, Windows 7 or Ubuntu, I don't have a lot of experience with Vista

Of course a reboot may accomplish the same thing we're trying to do

Clearing Your DNS Cache

When you visit a website in your browser, your computer will store information about that site so that you do not have to look it up again. Unfortunately, sometimes that information may change and your computer may not have the latest information about the site.

You can use the instructions below to clear your cache, ensuring you have the latest information about all the websites you visit.

Windows® XP, 2000, or Vista®
Open the Start menu.
Go to Run.
If you do not see the Run command in Vista, search for "run" in the Search bar.
In the Run text box, type: ipconfig /flushdns
Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.

MacOS®
Go to Applications.
Go to Utilities.
Open the Terminal application.
Type: dscacheutil -flushcache
Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.

I'm sorry guys, trying to move the site means it could be buggy for some folks for a day or two.

Ive had 1 server error today ...........................which is about what I have had on here everyday since I joined ...

but its the internet .................blame al gore ;(

Ive had 1 server error today ...........................which is about what I have had on here everyday since I joined ...

but its the internet .................blame al gore ;(

That's ok for right now, I haven't successfully moved it yet.

Back
Top Bottom