• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

She's on a roll...

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
The wife shot this six point this morning.

3560.jpg

Exit wound was a little strange. She hit it good, just behind the shoulder, downward angle as she was elevated in our deer house and he was downslope about 60 yards away. The exit wound was center chest, between his front legs, so the bullet hit something in there and deflected. 308 Win with Hornaday 150gr Interlock, my handloads, slightly below a full house load.

Having to drag him out before coffee...that's just not right. Need at least two cups before that kind of vigor.

Proud of her. She's gone with me many times over the last decade and spotted many deer for me. Two years ago, she decided to start hunting on her own. She's got great patience.

Congratulations!
She is getting it done for sure!
The 9 point I shot on 11/6 was slightly quartering, so I aimed for an exit in the off side shoulder. I too shoot a .308, but loaded with Barnes Vor-Tx, 150gr TTSX. The bullet got both lungs, liver and exited just in front of the rear hindquarter.
I can only guess that a bone altered the path of the bullet for the exit to be off by 18” or more. Regardless, he barely made it 15 yards before crashing in sight of my stand.

Back
Top Bottom